Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

Off-topic perhaps, but surely a move to Cove would be 100% money-driven when the player in this situation is contracted to Elgin City? Or is the Highland League the place to be all of a sudden?

Unless the bid was genuinely derisory, that's an awful decision. He's clearly unhappy and that's pretty much the only way you can cash in and not run the risk of it coming back to haunt next season. On a related note, where the f**k are the likes of Stirling getting this kind of money from? We're that skint we're claiming a player signing from our u18 team to our u20 team is exciting news.

On Cowden, I think Sheerin is a good signing. Always rated him at Berwick but never really had a proper run (insert joke here). Agree with the comments that his weight isnt really an issue, and maybe even a benefit. Personally can't see both him and Renton playing together much but if they do Cowden will be close to taking the heavy entertainment mantra from Berwick - a sad day.

I can't see Cowden being anywhere near as bad next season, barring Bollan taking on a role as doorman at Hearts. They finally have a bit of stability and signings so far seem decent enough. Maybe not enough for top 4, but I certainly think we'll be missing you being our safety net down the bottom.

One more thing, and I maybe just don't get it, but do you really give that much of a f**k about some socks? Things finally look fairly rosy and you're going mental over something that trivial.

We are already associated to one of the arse cheeks with DF as our chairman. I like him, he clearly loves the club and under his tenure we've had a lot of highs as well as lows. However, playing in the exact same colours as Rangers is not on. The socks we've worn for many years (for as long as I remember anyway) have been blue and white. It's a dreadful decision.

We are already associated to one of the arse cheeks with DF as our chairman. I like him, he clearly loves the club and under his tenure we've had a lot of highs as well as lows. However, playing in the exact same colours as Rangers is not on. The socks we've worn for many years (for as long as I remember anyway) have been blue and white. It's a dreadful decision.

They have been red for most of the last 6 or 7 seasons as far as I recall

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

They have been red for most of the last 6 or 7 seasons as far as I recall

They were red, which is bad enough, but not black and red, which is truly awful.

4 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s pretty valid complaints from fans that are concerned we are being moulded into a fellow, bigoted, club. It also gives a strong impression that one man calls all the shots. 

You don't suddenly become bigoted overnight by wearing red and black socks.   Maybe it's just me but when I see a pair of red and black socks I just see it as a pair of red and black socks and not anything to do with Rangers and being up to our knees etc.  

After everything the clubs been through the past couple of seasons I was greatly looking forward to a better one this season.  Then you come on here and find people saying they aren't going to games because of our sock colours. 

I'm not impressed with the socks personally - would rather have blue - but people are going way overboard here. 

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s pretty valid complaints from fans that are concerned we are being moulded into a fellow, bigoted, club. It also gives a strong impression that one man calls all the shots. 

How does wearing black and red socks make us a bigoted club.  In what way are we bigoted or being moulded into such?  They’re just socks - 

37 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

the few of us we are spend our afternoons at central park instead of joining the droves heading to ibrox . I don't think ive ever heard anyone on the home terrace at cowden inviting the pope to f**k off or celebrating being up to our knees in blood. that suggests to me we aren't rangers imo, we just so happen to be another team playing in blue shirts

I like the socks:lol::lol::whistle:whistle

To be honest I personally dont like the top I aint gonna lambast the people choosing it though. We have much bigger issues. Perhaps next season seen as a lot of people have their opinions we should have 2-3 options put to the fans on social media and a vote for a new top/socks etc. Thus engaging further etc etc.

I also like the orange and white top...:)8)

onto team matters. Any clue as to when we may sign a centre half... As it stands we have pyper and marsh only.

Can I just add. We aint trying to be modelled on rangers. However it appears (could be wrong) that one man has his ideas on what looks like a good football kit. One mans opinion shouldnt mean its his way. For the future I would propose the board look at 2-3 options which are all same cost and put it out there or options into the club shop and can vote only in there thus potentially some people can buy merchandise whilst there..

If you dont go you dont get your vote

Edited by NELLY

think the new top is very nice, as is the orange away one which fulfils the important role of an away top of looking totally different;while I like the ideo of a colours reversed away top that will be of no use if we draw, say ,killie away in a cup

5 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

think the new top is very nice, as is the orange away one which fulfils the important role of an away top of looking totally different;while I like the ideo of a colours reversed away top that will be of no use if we draw, say ,killie away in a cup

Christ if having red and black socks isn't bad enough an orange away kit would lead to some proper heads gone on here :lol: 

55 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

You don't suddenly become bigoted overnight by wearing red and black socks.   Maybe it's just me but when I see a pair of red and black socks I just see it as a pair of red and black socks and not anything to do with Rangers and being up to our knees etc.  

After everything the clubs been through the past couple of seasons I was greatly looking forward to a better one this season.  Then you come on here and find people saying they aren't going to games because of our sock colours. 

I'm not impressed with the socks personally - would rather have blue - but people are going way overboard here. 

Correct. After all we’ve been through the last couple of seasons, getting excited about socks is beyond belief.

We may be missing a trick here. Look back at this thread, and see how much interest has been generated by the excellent designs Drifter has produced.  Of course fans care most about what happens on the pitch - but like it or not, that includes how the team look on the field of play. We want to take pride in our team. For me, one of the good things about lower league football is that we are not tied up with the Old Firm. There's a toxic aspect to what they represent (as I know well when I used to write for the Herald).  I think it's naive to pretend that the red and black socks have got no resonances with Rangers FC - it's one of the things visiting fans immediately pick up on. We also get criticism on social media. Can you imagine what the response would be if the new socks were modelled on Celtic's?

Given all that, why do we make ourselves vulnerable to criticism season after season with socks that aren't even part of the Cowden tradition? What is the point of it? Think again about the interest generated over the past few weeks about strips right here on this forum.  We have seen some cracking designs. We'll all have our own favourites .(Mine would be the blue and white stripes, with white socks). It's too late for this season, but we can see that the debate really engages the fans, particularly in the close season.  This time next year, could Drifter's designs go back on P & B and fans' opinions feed into the choice of strip/socks? This discussion also highlights the importance of social media - quite a number of dedicated fans spend a lot of money/time in travel to games, but midweek meetings might be very difficult. Many, many people communicate via social media and if we're hoping to attract a new generation, this is the way to go.