Cowdenbeath 2018-2019

I was hoping the fixtures might fall a bit differently for the cup games, but can't complain at that really and booked my return train ticket last night for £10 from Warrington to Edinburgh for the Hearts match. Returning on the Wednesday. Just need to work out what time I'm going to arrive on the Tuesday/judge what drunken state it will leave me in by the time I land at Waverley, and some cheap digs now!

I spent years trying to avoid paying on trains (before the dreaded 'barriers' were put up), and hating the rail system having spent many a lone hour awaiting delays, but at the prices you can pay well in advance these days (a tenner for a near 3-hour journey, crikey - costs me a tenner return to do a 30-minute return around these parts... or half that just to get a return bus ticket to the town centre), and the convenience of the Warrington Edinburgh line, I'm hoping this will be the first of a few Cowdenbeath games next season. Plus, with Cowden getting  almost half of the gate receipts, this is one time I can visit Tynecastle and not begrudge handing over my hard-earned too much :)

So despite the lack of rail travelling away supporters watching The Miners these days, you might encounter a strange/drunken Mancunian or two along the way next season if you do get to the aways.

Also hoping to debut a Cowden Reds flag at my next game, so can't wait for the season to start now!

Edited by Drifter

10 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I remember the days when the ETB would love an away day to a place we have never been before/rarely get drawn to now we are happy with our Saturday away trip to fucking Methill!

The Tea and Sconners did have the odd Cucumber and Avocado or Prawn sandwich,  but we did drink cold bud straight from the bottle :rolleyes: (and played a mean game of pool).

12 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I remember the days when the ETB would love an away day to a place we have never been before/rarely get drawn to now we are happy with our Saturday away trip to fucking Methill!

To be fair, you've not been through in a while...

13 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

The Tea and Sconners did have the odd Cucumber and Avocado or Prawn sandwich,  but we did drink cold bud straight from the bottle :rolleyes: (and played a mean game of pool).

Half way through reading the good old Helicopter Dreams again. The mere mention of John Ward still gets me erect.

13 hours ago, Drifter said:

I was hoping the fixtures might fall a bit differently for the cup games, but can't complain at that really and booked my return train ticket last night for £10 from Warrington to Edinburgh for the Hearts match. Returning on the Wednesday. Just need to work out what time I'm going to arrive on the Tuesday/judge what drunken state it will leave me in by the time I land at Waverley, and some cheap digs now!

You may already know this but you are best getting off at Haymarket (the stop before it will terminate at Waverley as I assume your train will come up that route). Plenty of options for hotels around Haymarket and it's a 10 minute walk from there to Tynecastle with a plethora of pubs to choose from.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

You may already know this but you are best getting off at Haymarket (the stop before it will terminate at Waverley as I assume your train will come up that route). Plenty of options for hotels around Haymarket and it's a 10 minute walk from there to Tynecastle with a plethora of pubs to choose from.

I've never actually done Tynecastle before so a good shout there mate, cheers.

46 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Bit quiet from us recently wouldn’t mind having a few pre season games announced and possibly a look at the new kit

I noticed that the only Errea shirt at this year's World Cup will be this number for Iceland. Possible template for a Cowden top?

SMKI7C04410IN_Camiseta-de-la-primera-equipacion-infantil-seleccion-Islandia-2018-2019-Errea-azul-rojo_1_frontal.jpg

Oh, is Cowden switching from Uhlsport to Erreà? That's excellent news for yous, Erreà is by far the best brand operating at the moment. Great material and quality of make, good designs too (usually). Hopefully they will trot out white shorts and red socks, seeing as last season's blue and white just looked wrong (like a discount Montrose/Peterhead). Just don't expect to get the Iceland kits pictured above, as those are exclusively licensed to the Icelandic FA. Rather, if I had to hazard a guess, the 'Eiger' template is a likely candidate to be used for Cowden.

Suppose it's a bit of a shame to see Uhlsport go still; they did stick Cowden with templates but the efforts for 14/15, 15/16, and 16/17 were ace. On that note, has the club auctioned off the playing kit from 2017/2018? All those matchworn tops would surely fetch a decent price if eBay'd.

Edited by DutchBorderer

11 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Oh, is Cowden switching from Uhlsport to Erreà? That's excellent news for yous, Erreà is by far the best brand operating at the moment. Great material and quality of make, good designs too (usually). Hopefully they will trot out white shorts and red socks, seeing as last season's blue and white just looked wrong (like a discount Montrose/Peterhead). Just don't expect to get the Iceland kits pictured above, as those are exclusively licensed to the Icelandic FA. Rather, if I had to hazard a guess, the 'Eiger' template is a likely candidate to be used for Cowden.

Suppose it's a bit of a shame to see Uhlsport go still; they did stick Cowden with templates but the efforts for 14/15, 15/16, and 16/17 were ace. On that note, has the club auctioned off the playing kit from 2017/2018? All those matchworn tops would surely fetch a decent price if eBay'd.

We had Errea a decade ago for a few seasons quite liked their stuff jackets and leisure tops were a good quality. Top wise I thought our Umbro one when we won the 1st Division in 2012 was the best one of recent times.

57 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

We will find out on 16th June. New kit on sale then. Could be one of these :-

em1q0c01500.jpgem1q0c00260.jpgem1c1c06710.jpgem1c1c00410.jpgem1u1l01500.jpgfm450c01500.jpgfm450c00260.jpgfm430c01500.jpgem1p1c01500.jpg

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Using a blue 'Eiger' template (and a picture of one of my Cowden tops), I just photoshopped a rough design and reckon this would look pretty decent... the yellow obviously being a nod to the other Brazil!

cowden 18-19.jpg

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Using a blue 'Eiger' template (and a picture of one of my Cowden tops), I just photoshopped a rough design and reckon this would look pretty decent... the yellow obviously being a nod to the other Brazil!

cowden 18-19.jpg

I would be happy with something like that. Or, something based on the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th or 7th tops on my earlier post.

Edited by PELE

Plenty of options, and as a previous post mentioned, Errea do produce some decent jackets etc, so looking forward to the eventual designs.

Here's a version of that Eiger template, with red replacing the yellow. I'm not bored. Honest.

cowden 18-19 - Copy.jpg

19 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Plenty of options, and as a previous post mentioned, Errea do produce some decent jackets etc, so looking forward to the eventual designs.

Here's a version of that Eiger template, with red replacing the yellow. I'm not bored. Honest.

cowden 18-19 - Copy.jpg

No thanks to the red. Starts to look similar to a Sevco top.

Edited by PELE