Peru v Scotland - Wed 30th May 2018

How did you know I work in retail? [emoji4]
Looking forward to staying up only to see Shinza not get capped and us get comprehensively pumped.
"Capped 'n' Pumped"

When he finally has his stag do that could be the slogan on his and his mates' tshirts.

Or his mates could wear those ones whole his says "Captain Pumped"?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

McLaughlin

Hendry Mulgrew McKenna

O'Donnell McGinn McTominay* Shinnie

Paterson McLean

Phillips

I think that would be my preferred team if it were just one game, but we will obviously need to rotate for Mexico. Wouldn't surprise me if Cadden and Stevenson started as wing-backs tonight, with O'Donnell and Shinnie replacing them on Sunday. 

* McGeouch could also play here. One of McTominay or McGeouch to act as McGinn's insurance. I'd imagine they will start one game each, with McGinn probably starting both. 

He's said that nobody will start both games. Not sure how possible that is with the squad so thin but apparently due to the altitude it will be very difficult for any player to play both games.

1 minute ago, ekfootball said:

He's said that nobody will start both games. Not sure how possible that is with the squad so thin but apparently due to the altitude it will be very difficult for any player to play both games.

We only have three centre-back options, so I'd imagine at least Hendry, Mulgrew and McKenna will play both games (provided McLeish sticks with the Hungary set-up). Even if we switch to four at the back, at least one of them would surely have to start twice. I'm sure there will be significant rotation otherwise, though. 

24 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

We've only got 21 players, including three goalkeepers. So unless he plans on playing 10 men in each game that's physically impossible.

I'm guessing that he meant that nobody will play >60 minutes in both games. With a maximum of six subs, five will have to play the whole game in each fixture. So then those five would (presumably) be left on the bench for the other game.

Luckily I don't have to be up until 11am on Wed morning and I struggle to sleep at the best of times so this should be some fine late night entertainment for me.

Can't see anything but a comfortable Peru win tbh. It's their big farewell game before flying over to Europe for the World Cup so they'll be wanting to put on a show.

Interested to see how the fringe guys get on. Also want to see Lewis Stevenson capped just to get everyone on P&B seething.

14 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Luckily I don't have to be up until 11am on Wed morning and I struggle to sleep at the best of times so this should be some fine late night entertainment for me.

Can't see anything but a comfortable Peru win tbh. It's their big farewell game before flying over to Europe for the World Cup so they'll be wanting to put on a show.

Interested to see how the fringe guys get on. Also want to see Lewis Stevenson capped just to get everyone on P&B seething.

Hopefully Stevenson is in the starting 11. 

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Ridiculous friendly traveling half way round world with tired players all because of an SFA jolly. We're going to get pumped

This post is brought to you by Scottish Media Cliche Generator 2.0Ah tell you what, we need a Strong Rangers®

I imagine if the SFA really want a jolly, they could have thought of better places to go.  Instead, it's more like how I posted a few days back.  Every other realistic side - from a rankings perspective - is already involved in games.  I'd imagine we were one of the last to get moving, so we had a very limited pool of teams to play.  I expect Mexico and Peru weren't too fussed about coming to Europe early, so they demanded a home game and we acquiesced.  Is this better than not playing at all?  Not to most, but fair enough if you think otherwise.

To be honest even if its a 4/5-0 pumping I still dont think its a bad idea. An international manager has very little time to spend with players so he’s got an opportunity to try players at levels a lot of them havent had the the opportunity to try at.  At the end of this he may have many that look out their depth but if one or two catch the eye that propel them to the competitive squads or higher leagues then its worth it.

Peru 4/11

Scotland 9/1

Draw 10/3

Only decent offer I can see is Callum Paterson 12/1 to score anytime!!!

18/1 on Mulgrew anytime, his International goals do seem to come in friendlies and being the old head, I can see him claiming all the free kicks and penalties if any arise!!!

According to World Soccer, we were chosen by Peru because it's been 40 years since the meeting in Argentina and they felt it would be a good farewell game before the World Cup.

As for Mexico, they wanted European opponents because they're playing two UEFA nations in their group.

Folk talking about "meaningless friendlies" usually have absolutely zero idea what they're talking about.

Meaningless for us perhaps, not for the opposition, shouldn't games be picked for the likelihood of co-ef points rather than to supply cannon fodder for teams riding on a crest???

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

To be honest even if its a 4/5-0 pumping I still dont think its a bad idea. An international manager has very little time to spend with players so he’s got an opportunity to try players at levels a lot of them havent had the the opportunity to try at.  At the end of this he may have many that look out their depth but if one or two catch the eye that propel them to the competitive squads or higher leagues then its worth it.

Aye just a shame Celtic withdrew all their players though eh.

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Peru 4/11

Scotland 9/1

Draw 10/3

Only decent offer I can see is Callum Paterson 12/1 to score anytime!!!

18/1 on Mulgrew anytime, his International goals do seem to come in friendlies and being the old head, I can see him claiming all the free kicks and penalties if any arise!!!

33/1 on Mulgrew to score anytime and Peru to win with Bet365 bet builder.

I imagine it will be along the lines of: McLaughlin; Hendry, Mulgrew, McKenna; Cadden/O’Donnell, Shinnie/Stevenson; McTominay, McGeouch, McGinn; McLean, Phillips/McBurnie.

Cadden and O'Donnell, Shinnie and Stevenson and Phillips and McBurnie will likely play the equivalent of one game each over the next couple.

Not expecting anything scoreline wise. Looking for one or two more to step up to the mark alongside Hendry and McKenna cementing places on the setup moving forward.

Won't get much of a chance to watch live so have the game recorded and will watch a bit tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:
17 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:
Aye just a shame Celtic withdrew all their players though eh.

Have we withdrawn Bain, Hendry, Morgan and Christie as well? Bad craic from us like.

Yeah typical Celtic though, you come to expect it.

Archived