talbot haters are quiet

jkerr

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Couldn't care less about Talbot. But this seems a good enough place as any, unless anyone prefers this to become a spiderman thread?

OK, my post - Where's the best chippy for a fish supper in a town/city that has Junior football?

I've been to Linlithgow and Irvine and both were not bad, given it was a few years ago.

Can't go wrong with most anywhere down the Ayrshire coast - Largs and Girvan both spring to mind for great chippies.

On a parochial note, Jaconelli's across the road from Lochburn Park is also well worth a visit.

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Couldn't care less about Talbot. But this seems a good enough place as any, unless anyone prefers this to become a spiderman thread?

OK, my post - Where's the best chippy for a fish supper in a town/city that has Junior football?

I've been to Linlithgow and Irvine and both were not bad, given it was a few years ago.

Can't really go wrong in Troon and Girvan. 

The Oxford chippy in Glasgow is quality but not particularly close to any grounds. Good if you're knocking about the city centre before a game though. 

Cheers, Ayrshire has never let me down, even a chippie in Kilmarnock. Not near a Juniors ground but one of the best was a few years ago Lucky Star in Ayr. I've never been to Girvan or Troon, Portland Fish Restaurant is not far from Troon's ground, I'll probably go there if I'm in town. I see on google there is 3 chippies in Girvan.

Luck Star is a 5 min walk to Whitletts ground. Decent enough, but not even close to being best in Ayr

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Cheers, Ayrshire has never let me down, even a chippie in Kilmarnock. Not near a Juniors ground but one of the best was a few years ago Lucky Star in Ayr. I've never been to Girvan or Troon, Portland Fish Restaurant is not far from Troon's ground, I'll probably go there if I'm in town. I see on google there is 3 chippies in Girvan.

this is the one I go to. think it;s brilliant.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g551836-d4995547-Reviews-Grazianos-Girvan_South_Ayrshire_Ayrshire_Scotland.html

I got there on a wet and windy day after being at Sommerset Park, fresh fish battered just out of the fryer. Maybe got there just at the right time. There was another one close to Ayr station which was quite good. Not a Blue Lagoon they are terrible, I would never set foot inside one of their shops.

Aldo’s in Kilwinning is top notch and the tawny in beith which is just up from the ground

44 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Yawn

to be fair the OP has a point, a few posters who would have us believe that their constant slagging of Talbot was all just a bit of banter have went into hiding like huffy weans since 6pm on Sunday.

A wee thread calling them out on it is a perfectly understandable GIRUY, although probably an ill-considered one as the target audience will be too busy sobbing under the bed sheets to see it. 

Clearly this has been a traumatic time for them. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

to be fair the OP has a point, a few posters who would have us believe that their constant slagging of Talbot was all just a bit of banter have went into hiding like huffy weans since 6pm on Sunday.

A wee thread calling them out on it is a perfectly understandable GIRUY, although probably an ill-considered one as the target audience will be too busy sobbing under the bed sheets to see it. 

Ha ha good one shanner,though the real trauma is happening out east ;)

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Disagree pal. I see the words“benchmark” and “Talbot” being used in the same sentence plenty on here. The simple fact is that when you’re on top, people will hate you. I’m not that keen on Real Madrid as it goes. Let them hate.

Thats all very well and good but what does it have to do with a decent chippy?

Archived