Fixtures conundrum

glensmad

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They say that, given time, a chimpanzee could write the works of Shakespeare. I suggest we find it and offer it a job. 

At the very worst it would randomly fling it's keich at the wall until some of it stuck. if it can be trained to use excel and update the SJFA website timeously then he gets my vote. 

More fixtures have been added in the West and Ayrshire cup.  Winners of Beith/talbot go to Kilwinning on Monday night and Beith are playing Cumnock in the west  on the Wednesday night. 

Edit

all fixtures in the Ayrshire cup now up on website.  Final at meadow park on the 9th of June  
nearly all fixtures for the west of Scotland cup are now up.  No dat for final but looks to me it’s going to be midweek. 
As I understand it Saturday, 9th is the last Saturday as the season has to finish by the 15th. Therefore as there is a QF scheduled for the 9th there will be a SF on Tuesday the 12th with the final on Friday 15th.

This is assuming that Beith can complete their multiple ties next Saturday as alluded to in other posts.
#SHAMBLES

As I understand it Saturday, 9th is the last Saturday as the season has to finish by the 15th. Therefore as there is a QF scheduled for the 9th there will be a SF on Tuesday the 12th with the final on Friday 15th.

This is assuming that Beith can complete their multiple ties next Saturday as alluded to in other posts.
#SHAMBLES

What if they win the league as well or auchinleck beat beith tonight and win the league they are still in the West too

What about the evening times cup too?lol.

That’s why I mentioned talbot cos beith or talbot will win the league meaning 2 evening times cup games and one of them will be in semis of Ayrshire after tonight if it is same team there’s no way all fixtures can be played by 15th

What if they win the league as well or auchinleck beat beith tonight and win the league they are still in the West too
Agree. I wasn't trying to single out Beith m8, merely commenting that teams who weren't behind in their league games like Beith, Lang, Pollok, Buffs are still going to end up with a fixture pile up right down to the wire.

Agree. I wasn't trying to single out Beith m8, merely commenting that teams who weren't behind in their league games like Beith, Lang, Pollok, Buffs are still going to end up with a fixture pile up right down to the wire.

I know what you mean why we never played the girvan game long before we did

1957/58 end of season we played Saturday, Monday (with 30 mins extra time), Tuesday, Wednesday (with 50 minutes extra time), Thursday and Saturday.  Won 4, drew 1, lost 1. So it can happen.

And all with a laced up leather ball, that you couldn’t kick when it was wet/socked. [emoji23] yeah the good old days right enough.

7 hours ago, Glens lad said:

And all with a laced up leather ball, that you couldn’t kick when it was wet/socked. emoji23.png yeah the good old days right enough.

Not sure about the laced up ball but that week was very much like the one we have just had weatherwise.  The West of Scotland semi  v Baillieston kicked off at 7-30pm at Cathkin park. No scoring after 90 mins, still no score after 30 mins extra time. Another twenty minutes and still 0-0. The referee decided to call a halt at ten past ten although it was still daylight. No floodlights and no penalty shoot-out to decide it. We didn't get back to Kilsyth till well after 11pm.  My parents thought I had run away from home but I was allowed to go back to the replay the next night when we lost 2-0. . Lesmahagow beat them in the final on the Saturday and Kilsyth beat Shettleston in the final of the Pompey cup the same day. The final at Shawfield had around 12000 present. We would have had to play in two finals on the Saturday if we had gone through, as already indicated a few teams did play two finals on the same day, sometimes winning both.

Incidentally Motherwell played a cup tie sometime in the late 1940's that actually lasted 156 minutes, Can't recall their opponents but I came across it while researching the career of one of our ex-players, Ian Goodall, who had gone to Motherwell. He passed away in South Africa aged 91 just a few weeks ago. He had played with Cape Town Rangers and was known as the South African Stanley Mathews for his ball skills. His son, also Ian, keeps in regular touch with us and his father always wanted to know how we were doing.

And yes, they certainly were the good old days!

On 30/05/2018 at 06:01, Sergeant Wilson said:

They say that, given time, a chimpanzee could write the works of Shakespeare. I suggest we find it and offer it a job. 

Looks like the search goes on ....:(

So if Beith keep winning it looks like their next ten days could be something along the lines of:

Mon 4th Ayrshire Semi

Wed 6th West Quarter

Sat 9th Ayrshire Final

Mon 11th West Semi

Tue 12th Evening Times Semi

Wed 13th West Final

Thurs 14th Evening Times Final

Archived