Fixtures conundrum

glensmad

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The final of the Central league cup is now next Thursday, I can’t fathom out how this game couldn’t have been played on the fri, we’d have got a much bigger turnout. No venue down yet either although it’s usually played at cambuslang

They don't want two finals on the same night and have switched the ET to the Friday in case Beith keep winning.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Don't be ridiculous, there is no need for such a compact programme, they could play the final of the ET on Friday, 15th!!!
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Evening Times final won't be on the Friday as it's no use to the Evening Times.
I think you missed the point of my post, but out of curiousity why is a Friday final no use to the ET?
They hardly sell any papers on the Saturday, so they won't want the final on the Friday night.
Final of the ET on Friday the 15th.
This fixture malarky is a doddle
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Maybe been covered already but what is the latest a season has run in the Juniors in recent years.... I can't remember any that have went as long as this year in recent times..... 

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Maybe been covered already but what is the latest a season has run in the Juniors in recent years.... I can't remember any that have went as long as this year in recent times..... 

Subjectively this season feels like a chaotic limp over the finish line even more so than usual, but in actual fact it's ending on a date that seems par for the course - final games took place on the following dates the last five seasons as far as I can make out:

2016-17 -  14 June - Talbot v Cumnock @ Meadow Park

2015-16 - 15 June - Pollok v Greenock @ Somervell Park

2014-15 - 18 June - Blantyre  Vics v Thorniewood Utd @ Newlandsfield Park

2013-14 - 11 June - Clydebank v Cumbernauld Utd @ Newlandsfield Park

2012-13 - 10 June - Ashfield v Pollok @ Newlandsfield Park

16 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Subjectively this season feels like a chaotic limp over the finish line even more so than usual, but in actual fact it's ending on a date that seems par for the course - final games took place on the following dates the last five seasons as far as I can make out:

2016-17 -  14 June - Talbot v Cumnock @ Meadow Park

2015-16 - 15 June - Pollok v Greenock @ Somervell Park

2014-15 - 18 June - Blantyre  Vics v Thorniewood Utd @ Newlandsfield Park

2013-14 - 11 June - Clydebank v Cumbernauld Utd @ Newlandsfield Park

2012-13 - 10 June - Ashfield v Pollok @ Newlandsfield Park

From that it does seem strange the we aren't actually far from that, there does seem to have been a lot more clubs with a lot more games to play. Has this been purely down to Scottish Cup ties running late through what has been a horrific winter? If so would there be a consideration to have alternate venues available at the sjfa expense. At this rate players won't get the required rest before preseason starts. 

Would have gone  with my 5 mates to the evening times final. But not now. Spain v portugal  for us ,no neutrals will go .crowd 230 on a plastic pitch is my estimate. well done fixtures man ur mismanagement hits teams in the pocket

thats w

2 hours ago, nicotina said:

Would have gone  with my 5 mates to the evening times final. But not now. Spain v portugal  for us ,no neutrals will go .crowd 230 on a plastic pitch is my estimate. well done fixtures man ur mismanagement hits teams in the pocket

thats w

yip.play it on saturday with no other games to compete against at a decent ground and i,m sure you,d get 7-800.

25 minutes ago, bravehearts said:

yip.play it on saturday with no other games to compete against at a decent ground and i,m sure you,d get 7-800.

Can't be played Saturday.

Season must end before 16th June because that's  the date of the SJFA AGM.

That's the rules.

thats w

Nicotina we have 2 buses already going with the majority going straight from work.

On 09/06/2018 at 08:57, Troon Portland said:

With the new season starting earlier, most players will be lucky to get a fortnight off before pre-season starts.

Crazy.

Though if you want to have an earlier finish, you need an earlier start. I'd prefer to see more unneeded games go such as the waste of time Sectional.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Though if you want to have an earlier finish, you need an earlier start. I'd prefer to see more unneeded games go such as the waste of time Sectional.

Hopefully it we will be informed of its execution at the West AGM next week

Hopefully it we will be informed of its execution at the West AGM next week

In Ayrshire the sectional ardagh cup is going to groups of 4. Played over sat, mon, weds. Finals stages to be played throughout the year. Then sat / weds league games.

I don't think that's the recommendation of the working party.

No offence but this should of been decided long before the agm the sectional is just being used as glorified friendlies and the crowds are dwindling away in it especially the group games
this was a chance to totally revamp our game but looks like that ain’t happening I’d liked to have seen the sectional for bottom 2 league teams giving them a chance of a trophy
get stuck into league games from the off even play a round of the district cups in August giving the league and Scottish cup winners a bye so they can move there league game forward to that day when they are playing in the senior Scottish
there was so much wee changes we cud of made but no still gonna have the same end of season let’s squeeze the games in before the agm conundrum

As I understand it, the new look league and cup programme will leave clubs with roughly the same number of games as this overall but the difference is more are easily planned league games as opposed to 'arranged on the cuff' cup ties. From a person POV, I'd rather have kept the end of season knockouts as they add some variety. The Sectional, well.... really? Past its sell by date and not convinced the facelift will do much than paper over cracks. They'll still be used as friendlies effectively by most and will still be a means of shaping a team ahead of the league games.

will still be a backlog due to rob roy playing at cumbernauld holding everyone one up.

notorious pitch which can't handle a game every week. no time for the groundsman to repair + rest pitch  imo

would like a rule that if ur game is off in the scottish after 2 goes . tie should be switched to an all weather

there are plenty of all weather pitches now.  (  largs cumnock petershill renfrew  benburb carluke rossvale gartcairn  )

sorry if i've forgotten anyone.   wishaw for instance this season could have played at carluke.

the backlog killed their promotion hopes this season 

Archived