Fixtures conundrum

glensmad

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We asked around 6 weeks ago that we could not play a fixture the weekend of the 9th June if the season was still going on 

if we beat Rob Roy tonight which is a big ask guess when the semi final of the West  has been pencilled in for ? Yip the 9th June 

cant see our chairman being too happy with this 

We asked around 6 weeks ago that we could not play a fixture the weekend of the 9th June if the season was still going on 

if we beat Rob Roy tonight which is a big ask guess when the semi final of the West  has been pencilled in for ? Yip the 9th June 

cant see our chairman being too happy with this 

Can’t see why teams would be able to ask for a weekend off when they know the season needs to be played out by the 15th June. Perhaps if you’d asked in August but asking at the start of May seems mental.

Fixtures in the juniors are an absolute joke regarding issuing and timing, but stuff like that doesn’t help at all. Teams should have no chance to sort ‘days off’- short of ground availability due to something booked in from a long way out.

Now there has been some bad spells of weather this season granted, however are the teams that are still playing only doing so because of the insistence to give the junior cup priority over everything else? That is a question though not a statement, on the face of it it looks that way to me but just wondering what everyone else's take is? 

15 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

McDiarmid Park? :)

It may be a fair distance from the centre of Perth, but it does at l;east have a bar and would be a far better venue than the one actually chosen.

Now there has been some bad spells of weather this season granted, however are the teams that are still playing only doing so because of the insistence to give the junior cup priority over everything else? That is a question though not a statement, on the face of it it looks that way to me but just wondering what everyone else's take is? 

I'm sure I counted up a while back that Wishaw had 22 Saturday's devoted to Scottish ties, and add to that two lost midweeks because they made the semis.

Edit to add: Double checked, it was indeed 22 Saturdays with 13 lost to postponements.

It disappeared again later, then reappeared as being on the Thursday at 7.30 with the venue to be confirmed.

It's an obvious cut and paste error which can happen, although it happens a lot on the SJFA website. The junior final was originally down for Blair Park!
At least they (he/she) seem to react to errors being pointed out on here, maybe we should start a dedicated thread for SJFA website fixture gaffs.

Archived