Tucker Sloan

Shanner

For me this one is all about him. It cements his position as Talbot's most successful manager in the Scottish. 

They said Knox was unbeatable at 5 wins but I think with the changes likely to revolutionise the Junior game it's safe to say Tucker's record won't be beaten. 

This almost certainly isn't the best Talbot side he's built but it's absolutely infused with the same spirit as all the others. It's what got them past Lochee and it's what brought them back from the dead today. 

An amazing achievement, and given how humble he is it might be a bit less unpleasant for some to recognise it than congratulate his team. 

I don't know Mr Sloan personally but everything I have seen about him is class.

He looked perturbed at times yesterday, especially when behind, but the overall impression was one of calm. His substitutions were perfect, changing the game completely, by way of illustration as to just how well he knows the game at this grade. I had listened to him being interviewed, along with Mr Henderson on the Just the Juniors show midweek and they both spoke rationally and in a measured way about the current season and the task ahead. But, for me, the persona of Tommy 'Tucker' Sloan, was embodied in his post match interview yesterday. Every question he was asked, and every compliment he was given, he re-directed back to the players, the fans and the club. Even when the guy said something like. "So Tommy, you must be very pleased that you have now won this trophy six times as a manager, something which has never been done before", he squirmed for half a second before talking about his team again. The man is impeccable. 

He has stewarded over so much success, involving so many players, and taken stick from some quarters about style of play etc over the years and not once has he put a foot wrong in the public domain. Not easy to do. Also, let's not forget his right-hand man. Alan McCluckie has been right there with him. Auchinleck Talbot, and the village as a whole, owe these men huge gratitude.

I remember talking to my dad and saying billy Knox’s record will never be beaten and he was a right junior man and he agreed with me saying u will never see the likes again 

talbot are just different class and know how to win games but u need the right man in charge and what tucker has done is beyond belief 

another prediction I got wrong 

im just no good at it ha 

Super record for winning cups at junior level but feck me he's defo at his level the football his teams put on show is nothing short of horrendous. Talbot are the best team in the juniors at what they do which says very little of the standard of junior football. After watching that yesterday the difference in the spfl to juniors is night a day I can say with supreme confidence any junior team at this moment we're to play in spfl division 2 would get pummelled over a season 

Compared to Beith who always play silky football.

Sheridan,McLaughlin and McDonald playing silky passes to the midfield all the time. 

Aye ok Kenny .

19 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Compared to Beith who always play silky football.

Sheridan,McLaughlin and McDonald playing silky passes to the midfield all the time. 

Aye ok Kenny .

Read my post never said they did, the part where I said Talbot the best at our grade doesn't say much for the rest, but you say what you like andy just like I will.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Super record for winning cups at junior level but feck me he's defo at his level the football his teams put on show is nothing short of horrendous. Talbot are the best team in the juniors at what they do which says very little of the standard of junior football. After watching that yesterday the difference in the spfl to juniors is night a day I can say with supreme confidence any junior team at this moment we're to play in spfl division 2 would get pummelled over a season 

Supreme confidence you got a crystal ball. 

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Best pyramid post to date,well done Kenny.

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I remember talking to my dad and saying billy Knox’s record will never be beaten and he was a right junior man and he agreed with me saying u will never see the likes again 

talbot are just different class and know how to win games but u need the right man in charge and what tucker has done is beyond belief 

another prediction I got wrong 

im just no good at it ha 

You Never Got Much Right This Season :)

19 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Didn't take you long to return to type and find something to say that's negative regarding Talbot. It is funny how when a club dominate, the only real place left to go is slag the over all quality. Ah you might be the best but your sh!te because the rest are sh!t. I can only remember one final where Talbot were involved that someone didn't make that type of poor comment, 86. Every other final someone has said that and it is just daft. Even in 87 when Ladeside had a cracking side, Talbot won but game was poor.  

Give it a rest man!

If folk literally only watch one full junior game a season on Alba because they stay away from home or whatever that's fine but hardly places them in a position to judge the quality of the grade, in fact it makes them look supremely silly in the eyes of people who actually attend games. 

Archived