Youngest Club to Play European Competition Since forming

Cel123

I'm Head Researcher for Gibraltar for the Football manager game and the Gibraltar Rock Cup Final is today Mons Calpe have a chance of qualifying for the Europa League. They formed 5 years ago. My question is what is the youngest club to play European Football since forming ??

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Astana from Kazakhstan were founded in 2009 and played their first Europa League match in 2013.

If you're allowed merged clubs then TNS qualified for Europe in their first season, 2003/4. I assume it was after that that Uefa introduced the rule that a club had to be in existence for 3 years before qualifying.

On 27/05/2018 at 12:44, Cel123 said:

I'm Head Researcher for Gibraltar for the Football manager game and the Gibraltar Rock Cup Final is today Mons Calpe have a chance of qualifying for the Europa League. They formed 5 years ago. My question is what is the youngest club to play European Football since forming ??

There are probably loads of merged previously existing clubs that quickly entered European competitions but I see Mons Calpe started from scratch. They might have the record.

Tosno the Russian Cup winners and Stumbras the Latvian Cup winners were also founded 2013?

EDIT: It seems very complicated in Latvia with bankruptcies and mergers but could Liepaja and Riga FC also be more recent candidates?

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tosno the Russian Cup winners and Stumbras the Latvian Cup winners were also founded 2013?

EDIT: It seems very complicated in Latvia with bankruptcies and mergers but could Liepaja and Riga FC also be more recent candidates?

Tosno were an amateur club that switched to professional, not sure how fussy the OP is being about this. Stumbras look like a brand new Academy team, but there may have been an amateur team before?

Archived