League Cup 2018/19 Group G

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Motherwell, Queen of the South, Clyde, Edinburgh City and Stranraer.

Apart from our likely having to cancel and replace two pre-season friendlies this looks an interesting group for us.

I agree looks a good group.

When are fixtures announced?

Edinburgh City and Motherwell away, Queens and Clyde at home please. Don't mind Queens away for a night out in Dumfries but Broadwood is the worst ground in Scotland to watch a game of football.

Delighted to be drawn with Edinburgh City as we’re yet to play them.
Neither up nor down about Motherwell or Clyde as played them both last season. Be nice to have a trip to Fir Park though. All our recent games seem to of been at Stair Park.

Would have preferred QOS away as never been to Palmerston. That said it is a plastic pitch is it not - if so maybe not so bad after all. 

Would like Stranraer at home also which means away to Clyde and Edinburgh City. The latters ground assuming they play at Ainsie Park would be great. I know it is same as last year, but I was away on business and missed the game.  It is the nearest football ground to me geographically. A 5 minutes drive away if that. 

Be ready for the games when they come round. 

Be nice for the other clubs to play cup finalists (x2). A privilege even :-)

29 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Bet it took you hours to think of all that.  (unless someone helped you) 

The 'Stinkraer' one actually took a while. Not much to work with when it comes to Stranraer.

'Queef in the Mouth' is inspired, however, as i'm sure you'll agree.

'Banter is something if you give it away,

You end up having more.'

Am I right in thinking that unseeded teams play the two seeded teams one home and one away?

In that sense (again I read the gate split is 50/50?) Motherwell away is a no brainer. We’ll get thumped but could do with an extra 500 gate money. Queen of the south was always a blast so wouldn’t be disappointed with that. 

Guest Flash
On 27/05/2018 at 11:45, Bully Wee Villa said:

Are gate receipts shared in the Group Stage or do you just keep the money from your two home matches?

Shared. Away team gets 42.5% of gate money, home team gets 57.5%.

Archived