League Cup 2018/19 Group B

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

So that's Forfar and Montrose fans who reckon we're "shite" and will struggle in the top flight. 

Completely ignoring us absolutely cruising this group unbeaten and only one point off the maximum amount of points available. 

I'm terrified of the season ahead now, tbh. 

To be fair, he's not mocking the points gained, he's questioning the way you have played against poor opposition at times. Not really the same thing. To put it another way, ypu can play in second gear at this stage and pick up full points, but anything less than top gear once the league begins will see a lot of points dropped. I think that was the gist of what the poster was getting at. 

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

If that’s what St Johnstone are gonna be like in the premiership they’ll be relegated, wasn’t impressed with them at all!
Forfar first half were the better side, unlucky to go in half time at 1-1, one mistake causing the goal, cannot leave a striker like Tony Watt free in the area for an unmarked header.

Second half was dismal from Forfar however, St Johnstone weren’t great at all.
Disappointed with all the squabbling going on in between our squad.

Jim Weir needs to look at strengthening our squad, and fast.
The depth in our team is worrying.

Now I see where the 'loons' get their nickname! Dyageddit? :)

Im really not sure what game you were watching I'm afraid. First half 1-1 was about right I thought; fairly even and we didn't create many clear cut chances at all.

Second half I thought Saints dominated, and really should have had 5 or 6 goals minimum. Most of the second period was played in the Forfar half and we were passing the ball around them all the time.

Thought Forfar looked decent but well outclassed after the interval. All about opinions I guess..

20 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

To be fair, he's not mocking the points gained, he's questioning the way you have played against poor opposition at times. Not really the same thing. To put it another way, ypu can play in second gear at this stage and pick up full points, but anything less than top gear once the league begins will see a lot of points dropped. I think that was the gist of what the poster was getting at. 

We'll yes, it seems such an obvious thing and yet we've had two sets of supporters now making the point we've been "dreadful" after dispatching their sides in third gear. 

It's a bit boring. 

I for one will definitely be taking the advice of Montrose and Forfar fans regarding playing in the top flight. Definitely 100% experts on the subject.

24 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Now I see where the 'loons' get their nickname! Dyageddit? :)

Im really not sure what game you were watching I'm afraid. First half 1-1 was about right I thought; fairly even and we didn't create many clear cut chances at all.

Second half I thought Saints dominated, and really should have had 5 or 6 goals minimum. Most of the second period was played in the Forfar half and we were passing the ball around them all the time.

Thought Forfar looked decent but well outclassed after the interval. All about opinions I guess..

Pretty good reflection on the game I'd say though 5 or six maximum would have been a better turn of phrase you surely don't expect every good chance to go in.

Not sure what the switch was at half time, whether we pulled a striker back or you guys moved a defender forward into midfield. 

Whatever, we stopped being a threat and Saints dominated midfield.  Well worth their win.  I thought Tanser had a great game for you.

Ok, going to let you all in to a little secret. When [mention=17008]Bonksy+HisChristianParade[/mention] Said that we should sing gstq as a song to Watt he wasn’t being serious. And when I said I left at half time because we were singing it I wasn’t being serious. Perth is an SNP town, tories are not a welcome sight.
Kennedy is also available to see on a Saturday. 
Thank you. 

The Nicholas Fairbairn Saints Supporters Club aren’t Impressed with this statement.

Ok, going to let you all in to a little secret. When [mention=17008]Bonksy+HisChristianParade[/mention] Said that we should sing gstq as a song to Watt he wasn’t being serious. And when I said I left at half time because we were singing it I wasn’t being serious. Perth is an SNP town, tories are not a welcome sight.
Kennedy is also available to see on a Saturday. 
Thank you. 

Quite amusing.
SNP 21,804, Tory b*****ds 21,783 at the last election. Majority 21 votes.
Still full of Tory farmer b*****d types like yourself eh? [emoji6]

19 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Laugh all you want, but Perth is original SNP. Can’t remember the last time Perth was anything but yellow. Absolutely staunch.

1992 or thereabouts when Roseanna defeated the Tory muppet after Fairbairn died?

What a fantastic night that was.

Archived