(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

Stubbs, then?

Our chairman is no mug, and if he's impressed Gordon Scott, then he's good enough for me. I just want this whole thing behind us now. We've got a live televised game against Killie in a little over a month and about ten players to bring in. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Stubbs, then?

Our chairman is no mug, and if he's impressed Gordon Scott, then he's good enough for me. I just want this whole thing behind us now. We've got a live televised game against Killie in a little over a month and about ten players to bring in. 

Couldnt agree more we need to get moving as a club and put this all behind us!!  As you say if he's impressed the board great 

This whole saga once again has proved the s*n and da*ly r**ord are full of shite and believe what you read in them at your peril.

Stubbsy provided one of the greatest scenes in Scottish Football History just a few years ago, lets hope its our turn at Hampden again next year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I think Stubbs has the potential to be an excellent manager, however he needs time to learn and there was no chance of him getting that at Rotherham.

It is a good appointment from the Paisley Pandas. He will play nice football, pressure is off. Be interesting to see who he gets in his backroom team as Holden and Doolan were a major part of his set up at Hibs and I believe beoth are doing there own thing now.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

It’s over simplistic to think of managers as being good or bad. Sure, some are usually bad and some are usually good but success or not is down to the fit between the manager and the job. 

Getting Hibs from disarray to promoted is a very different job to improving a good div 1 side to stay in the SPL.

trying to keep ross co up is more similar but still different.

Then there is the range of duties and organisational structure to consider.  Does the manager manage the budget for example? And the culture and personalities already in place can also have an impact.

In summary, I don’t care who you appoint, you weegie p***ks.

It’s just like being back in the championship forum with this seething mess:lol:

Sure you are son.
It's fair enough really, because "finishing above Hibs" two years ago was the last halfway decent thing  done by Falkirk.
Imagine calling someone on an online football forum "son". What a fucking red neck.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Guti is apparently about to get the Real Madrid job.

I suspect there was little chance of us getting him, in that case. :lol:

To be fair, I don't think Madrid require managers to be able to name a Celtic player.

Not overly happy about Stubbs, but compared to our current manager (ie: none) then it's an obvious step up.

The transfer window will be interesting as it's clear we don't have much cash and if Stubbs has taken the job he must know that.

57 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I suspect there was little chance of us getting him, in that case. :lol:

To be fair, I don't think Madrid require managers to be able to name a Celtic player.

Cant believe an over the top selection criteria allowed Guti to slip through the net. Its Ronaldinho all over again. 

As you would expect it was nothing to do with Kluivert and everything to do with some random agent. Apparently he's been on twitter claiming to know absolutely nothing about the application that has supposedly been made. If I could be arsed, I'd go track down that tweet but it seems the red tops are running the same story now - literally hours after claiming it was some sort of exclusive. The fucking media, man, what a fucking shambles.

The fact people still buy the papers or share click and share their pish again dumbfounds me.

The amount of times see a link to the sun and people saying things like "gutter press" "who'd read this pish" etc etc.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Archived