(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn’t mean it in any sort of disparaging way.

I just dislike the idea that st mirren would want guti purely because he used to be a Real Madrid player. You never know, he might be brilliant but similarly he might be useless. I just think sometimes the media in this country think clubs like st mirren would just get weak at the knees at the idea of a real Madrid player applying for the job instead of just doing the proper due diligence.

Bit like Sevco and Gerard?

Imagine St Mirren appoint McIntyre and that's twice a Scottish club has picked Jim McIntyre ahead of Patrick fucking Kluivert. 

Imagine Kluivert seething. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Imagine St Mirren appoint McIntyre and that's twice a Scottish club has picked Jim McIntyre ahead of Patrick fucking Kluivert. 

Imagine Kluivert seething. 

I imagine the publicity is all folk like Kluivert are after. They apply and apply for jobs all over Europe constantly yet never seem to actually manage anyone.

13 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ah yes, he was one of the many 'new Maradonas'. f**k it - get on Twitter, ask McBookie for odds on Aimar, stick a tenner on him, then watch the Record report it tomorrow afternoon.

If everyone requests odds on a different 'New Maradona' we can have a Record story on the shortlist of Ariel Ortega, Marcelo Gallardo, Carlos Marinelli, Javier Saviola and Andres D'Alessandro by Friday.

As you would expect it was nothing to do with Kluivert and everything to do with some random agent. Apparently he's been on twitter claiming to know absolutely nothing about the application that has supposedly been made. If I could be arsed, I'd go track down that tweet but it seems the red tops are running the same story now - literally hours after claiming it was some sort of exclusive. The fucking media, man, what a fucking shambles.

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

I appreciate I am sounding like a broken record, but why should we believe a single inch printed by them? The are erroneously proactive and triumphantly reactive, a fucking dreadful combination.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine the publicity is all folk like Kluivert are after. They apply and apply for jobs all over Europe constantly yet never seem to actually manage anyone.

I think when the County job was vacant and he was linked, he denied his interest when asked about it. It seems it's the work of his agent rather than anyone else.

7 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I think when the County job was vacant and he was linked, he denied his interest when asked about it. It seems it's the work of his agent rather than anyone else.

Kluivert needs to punt his agent.

It sounds like a shan recruitment agency offering you interviews for jobs you don't want.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Guti being linked with the Real Madrid and St.Mirren job at the same time is possibly my favourite ever football rumour.

He's 8/1 for Real Madrid and 14/1 for St Mirren.

Bonkers!

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Only 5/1 with Sky bet behind Wenger, Pochettino & Conte.....

Didn't realise Wenger, Pochettino or Conte were in for the St Mirren job. Understandable though. I mean this gig only comes up every couple of years.

11 hours ago, Fony Titz said:
18 hours ago, paranoid android said:
Tell you what - we'll throw in Connor Sammon anaw - I'll even drop him off.  (that's not a euphemism, btw)

Is he a good manager?

I think you should give him a go just to see if he's up to it, 

Archived