(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

You are totally right, I've just re-read that. I never meant to say run-in, but they have absolutely chucked it in the last games. You sound like you know the league so you'll know exactly what I am meaning. Sheils is definitely under pressure.

My initial comment was that we'd get him "by proxy". It really doesn't matter whether he stays at Derry or not, if Kearney gets the job then I'm sure he'll be itching to have his say (continually).

Got nothing against Kearney himself, he seems to have done a great job. Don't really know much about him.

They have lost 5 of their last 6 games. As I said they are on a bad run but up until Friday they had only lost once at home. They have a very young squad and the LOI is grueling in terms of fixtures. Shield is fairly safe in his job, fear not Saints. ;)

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

I presume you realise that Sheils is his father in law?

That gibbering embarrassment of a man will take every opportunity to get involved because he is an attention seeking fucking buffoon.

Yes.

I was first to post that fact earlier in the thread.

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Shame Neilson's not into it with Paisley being so handy for airports. 

On the plus side , at least it's one less ex Jambo at our club.

According to the Daily Mail (aye, I know), Guti is genuinely interested, so is Benni McCarthy and there are no plans to talk to McCoist.

On 29/05/2018 at 14:10, Stu said:

What?!

Surprised we haven't been linked with someone like Seedorf or Kluivert yet. They seemed to be going for every job going at one point. At least one of them was interested in the Motherwell or Ross County jobs I seem to recall.

And there we go :lol:

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1417379-st-mirren-speak-to-patrick-kluivert-about-managerial-vacancy/

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Feel for st mirren here, the candidates being mentioned are absolutely honking. Just a game of ex semi reputational footballer bingo.

Guti is the 2nd favourite for the Real Madrid gig. I get that it's due to the circumstance of being youth manager and the same way into the gig as Zidane took, but it's hardly 'honking'

Replacing Danny Lennon with Tommy fucking Craig 24 hours later was honking. Alex Rae was honking.

For us this is rather entertaining :lol:

Guti is the 2nd favourite for the Real Madrid gig. I get that it's due to the circumstance of being youth manager and the same way into the gig as Zidane took, but it's hardly 'honking'
Replacing Danny Lennon with Tommy fucking Craig 24 hours later was honking. Alex Rae was honking.
For us this is rather entertaining :lol:

Didn’t mean it in any sort of disparaging way.

I just dislike the idea that st mirren would want guti purely because he used to be a Real Madrid player. You never know, he might be brilliant but similarly he might be useless. I just think sometimes the media in this country think clubs like st mirren would just get weak at the knees at the idea of a real Madrid player applying for the job instead of just doing the proper due diligence.

Archived