(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Said it already, if you take on Kearney you are getting Kenny Sheils by proxy.

He sounds like a Jack Ross type manager from what i have read also done wonders for his club and the reason why Saints contacted him. Would think Neilson and Kearney are the front runners. 

Just now, FTOF said:

What utter shite.:lol:

I presume you realise that Sheils is his father in law?

That gibbering embarrassment of a man will take every opportunity to get involved because he is an attention seeking fucking buffoon.

35 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I presume you realise that Sheils is his father in law?

That gibbering embarrassment of a man will take every opportunity to get involved because he is an attention seeking fucking buffoon.

He'll probably be too busy managing Derry City, m8. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He'll probably be too busy managing Derry City, m8. 

Have you actually followed what's happened with Derry recently? I'm guessing you haven't.

They were tipped for the title (not the favourites admittedly) but have absolutely chucked it recently in the run in. They've shipped 15 goals in the last 5 games, scoring just 6 and losing all but one game. He will not be the candystripes manager for much longer.

* Edited thanks to @Bohemian

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Have you actually followed what's happened with Derry recently? I'm guessing you haven't.

They were tipped for the title (not the favourites admittedly) but have absolutely chucked it in the run in. They've shipped 15 goals in the last 5 games, scoring just 6 and losing all but one game. He will not be the candystripes manager for much longer.

He's probably doing it on purpose so he can manage St Mirren from afar. 

14 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

He wouldn't get the gig, but if his son-in-law does you feel he'll be raw meat for every lazy journo out there,

Or Kearney's assistant manager. 

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Or Kearney's assistant manager. 

I'd really hope not. I get that the man has mental health issues and to be fair it seems harsh to criticise him for being him, but still... that doesn't stop what he says being utter drivel.

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I'd really hope not. I get that the man has mental health issues and to be fair it seems harsh to criticise him for being him, but still... that doesn't stop what he says being utter drivel.

Pot,  kettle,  black 

6 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Dean has just been freed by Dunfermline also..... :whistle

Was ripped apart by fellow posters for writting criticism of Neilson comments regarding expectations/ budget. The fact fellow fans could not work out that 1/ The club would knock him back 2/ Nelison would withdraw from the process.  Budget expectations was everything to him did Jack Ross go on about the budget ? No. Glad he is not coming 

Of the names remaining and purely on the basis that Guti is in the interview process as some type of dare, my preferences are:

Kearney

Stubbs

Caldwell 

McIntyre

None particularly exciting though. 

51 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

They were tipped for the title (not the favourites admittedly) but have absolutely chucked it in the run in. They've shipped 15 goals in the last 5 games, scoring just 6 and losing all but one game. He will not be the candystripes manager for much longer.

They were not tipped for the title.. Cork, Dundalk and Rovers were all way ahead in terms of title chances.  Run in, chucked it? They are not even half way through their season, I'll give you they are in a bad run but they are fourth exactly where they were tipped to be. 

Just saying like

1 minute ago, Bohemian said:

Run in, chucked it?

You are totally right, I've just re-read that. I never meant to say run-in, but they have absolutely chucked it in the last games. You sound like you know the league so you'll know exactly what I am meaning. Sheils is definitely under pressure.

My initial comment was that we'd get him "by proxy". It really doesn't matter whether he stays at Derry or not, if Kearney gets the job then I'm sure he'll be itching to have his say (continually).

Got nothing against Kearney himself, he seems to have done a great job. Don't really know much about him.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Of the names remaining and purely on the basis that Guti is in the interview process as some type of dare, my preferences are:

Kearney

Stubbs

Caldwell 

McIntyre

None particularly exciting though. 

Kearney if you do a bit of home work is as close as you will get to Jack Ross as such i fully expect him to be our manager.  Guti will never happen though I can see from his view it is a stepping stone into Brittish football. 

Archived