(Alan Stubbs is...) The Next St Mirren Manager

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Seriously, how many times do football fans need told?  His name appearing in the bookies list is down to someone asking for odds on John Kennedy then throwing money on it. The bookies aren't privy to managerial selection processes, they grab names from far and wide and wait for people to ask for bets. It has no bearing on who you appoint or who is being interviewed.

There's a well-known troll on BAWA.com who has confirmed he's done exactly this, so yeah, that explains it.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

I have a feeling it will be Kennedy Ross is big admirer of Rogers  been up to the Celtic training ground a good few times so knows Kennedy well also. His name  popping in the bookies last week quite high. 

Your feeling is wrong. How naive would we have to be to appoint a guy with zero managerial experience, no great career to attract players, and no link to the club whatsoever?

Don't ever, ever believe anything the fat man on BAWA says.

3 hours ago, Fony Titz said:
On 5/31/2018 at 09:16, Demented Zebra said:
What was his win rate at MK Dons the job he did after that ? Certainly the best of the front runners for me. With 30 odd applicants there could be a surprise coming. 

What about his comments about the budget?

His comments on the budget show an intelligent manager who understands the link between budget constraints and expectations, and why they should bear some relation to each other. If he were to accept the job, he'll have agreed on budgets and expectations with the board. 

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Seriously, how many times do football fans need told?  His name appearing in the bookies list is down to someone asking for odds on John Kennedy then throwing money on it. The bookies aren't privy to managerial selection processes, they grab names from far and wide and wait for people to ask for bets. It has no bearing on who you appoint or who is being interviewed.

I know that mate have wrote the new manager may not even be on the bookies list. It' a strange one to put money on Kennedy   , or is it I only know of one Saints fan who tipped him just after Ross left and he said Ross recommend him. At the end of the day it's all speculation.  Next week you would think an appointment will be made. 

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

His comments on the budget show an intelligent manager who understands the link between budget constraints and expectations, and why they should bear some relation to each other. If he were to accept the job, he'll have agreed on budgets and expectations with the board. 

Of course it is ( at the interview) not out over the airwaves. 

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

David Hopkin. Despite the fact I made a mistake I still expected anyone semi-intelligent to understand who I meant.

You thought wrong

18 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Your feeling is wrong. How naive would we have to be to appoint a guy with zero managerial experience, no great career to attract players, and no link to the club whatsoever?

Don't ever, ever believe anything the fat man on BAWA says.

Agree with your last part it was not him. I have no idea who it will be can't say I am full of enthusiasm with the bookies top five. 

22 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Agree with your last part it was not him. I have no idea who it will be can't say I am full of enthusiasm with the bookies top five. 

I've been very open that I think it will be Robbie Neilson, and I'd be delighted if it was. Exactly what we need. Premier League experience during the great job he did at Hearts, good at working with youth, young coach not unlike Jack with fresh ideas and approach. 

He even proved himself a far better puppet than Ian Cathro... :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

4C92071C-F11A-4112-9416-FB9F8ADD6A87.thumb.png.1045ab47980ee9b5bd29d459c4bab8a8.png

Not sure who I would want out the two. Someone on BAWA saying there are a few more also being interviewed next week also. In the interview/ So Robbie here is the budget x x x where do you think you can take us with that ? Bottom six. Call to Jim McIntyre when can you start. 

Reading that article it's a fight between us and Real Madrid for Guti's services :lol:

Goes back to what I said  a few days ago - we were missing some random, high profile former player being linked with the job in the way Seedorf and Kluivert have in recent years.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/alan-stubbs-gary-caldwell-set-12634438

So going by this from the PDE, we're looking at one of Caldwell, Stubbs, Neilson, McIntyre and Oran Kearney from Coleraine. Haven't had a chance to find out much about Kearney, the rest all have positives and negatives.

Probably still Neilson for me. Unless there's any truth in the Guti stuff, which would be fun if nothing else.

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/alan-stubbs-gary-caldwell-set-12634438

So going by this from the PDE, we're looking at one of Caldwell, Stubbs, Neilson, McIntyre and Oran Kearney from Coleraine. Haven't had a chance to find out much about Kearney, the rest all have positives and negatives.

Probably still Neilson for me. Unless there's any truth in the Guti stuff, which would be fun if nothing else.

His father-in-law is Kenny Shiels.

That should rule him out of our thoughts.

Archived