SPFL Premiership Team of the Season

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Dd9dqwqVAAAzcqe.jpg:large

Jones and McGinn probably wouldn't have been in mine (replaced by Candeias and Ntcham), but, in all honesty, it's hard to argue with their selection. 

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I'd probably have McLean for McGeouch and Candeias for Jones, but I find it hard to disagree with the rest of the team. Certainly no outrageous inclusions.

No having that lads. He’s pony. 

McGinn is a thug so I wouldn't have him on that basis, good player though, Carson in goals for me but obviously I am biased, surprised others aren't saying the same.

You could assemble a pretty impressive XI from players omitted from the official selection. 

Something like: Carson; O'Donnell, Kipré, Ajer, Tait; Candeias, Ntcham, Shinnie, McLean, McGregor; Dembélé. 

It would be a decent game, actually. Midfield battle would certainly be interesting. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Never know what people see in McGeough, mostly because he never plays more than 2 games in a row.

His reputation seems to have been built on not playing enough football for people to know that he's not all that good.

3 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Tavernier is an awful player but then again can't  really think of any other right back who is that good. Maybe Lustig just based on winding up ****. Also Kristoffer Ajer would beat that whole team on his own. 

Stephen O'Donnell is a far better and more handsome right back. 

12 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Replace McGinn with Kenny McLean. Still not having Forrest either. Maybe I’m in the minority but still think he’s ****

If you're basing it on the season since January, McLean would easily be in there (and on the PotY shortlist), but I seem to remember him pissing off a lot of Aberdeen fans in the first half of the season due to his poor performances. 

That said, Forrest has been pretty poor since Christmas. 

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Never know what people see in McGeough, mostly because he never plays more than 2 games in a row.

His reputation seems to have been built on not playing enough football for people to know that he's not all that good.

Do your homework and you won’t look silly.

7 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

He played something like 32 games in the league this season you whopper.

@Bob Mahelp constant, tragic, charge around the forum demanding people acknowledge how great Aberdeen players are and how shite everyone else is, is a real highlight of these types of threads. 

11 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You’re dumb as f**k.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Loving the pathetic seethe from some wee boy, internet hardmen. 

I've changed my opinion now about McGeough due their in-depth analysis. He's no longer a pretty average mid-table footballer who can't play more than 10 minutes at a time, I'm now convinced he's a footballing genius. 

Cheers kids. 

Dylan McGeough played over 30 league games last season, as has already been pointed out, so that’s Bob’s main argument out the window. 

I reckon he’s just getting the excuses in early before McGeough stiffs Aberdeen (who have offered to make him their highest paid player) to go elsewhere.  

Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that McGeough is a certified #baller.

Loving the pathetic seethe from some wee boy, internet hardmen. 
I've changed my opinion now about McGeough due their in-depth analysis. He's no longer a pretty average mid-table footballer who can't play more than 10 minutes at a time, I'm now convinced he's a footballing genius. 
Cheers kids. 
There's little seethe on display just a group of posters pointing out that your main argument for not rating the guy is made up drivel.

We all know you’re an absolute slaver bob, with a well earned reputation for being a diddy but it’s like you’re not even trying anymore.

McGeouch made 42 appearances this season.

On 24/05/2018 at 14:22, accies1874 said:

Dd9dqwqVAAAzcqe.jpg:large

Jones and McGinn probably wouldn't have been in mine (replaced by Candeias and Ntcham), but, in all honesty, it's hard to argue with their selection. 

Similar to what I thought but I would have had more Celtic players in there.

But then I would have missed the hilarious tantrums from the bhoys on twitter

On 5/25/2018 at 08:27, Bob Mahelp said:

Started 15 league matches in a row and played in 35 out of 38 over the season.

For me Callum McGregor has to make the team.

Forrest started the season well but tailed off badly towards the end.

Tavernier is one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.  His Scottish Cup final display against Hibs is up there with Del Boy falling through the bar as a comedy classic.

The fact that Kris Boyd is the solitary striker just points to the absolute paucity of forward talent in the league. 

Just 6 players scored 10 or more goals over a 38 game season and without penalties it would only have been 4.  Even including penalties Boyd was the only player who scored more than 15 goals.

Archived