SPFL Premiership Team of the Season

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Dd9dqwqVAAAzcqe.jpg:large

Jones and McGinn probably wouldn't have been in mine (replaced by Candeias and Ntcham), but, in all honesty, it's hard to argue with their selection. 

Is that the highest number of Scottish players in a Scottish top league team of the year for a while?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Is that the highest number of Scottish players in a Scottish top league team of the year for a while?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Scotland_Team_of_the_Year

This is the PFA one so I think it's a different team but still relevant. I've counted players as being Scottish if the played for Scotland. Kris Commons for example was born in England but I've counted him.

2017/18 - 8/11 = 72.73%
2016/17 - 5/11 = 45.45%
2015/16 - 6/11 = 54.55%
2014/15 - 5/11 = 45.45%
2013/14 - 8/11 = 72.73% (non Scots were Fraser Forster, Virgil Van Dijk and Nadir Ciftci)
2012/13 - 3/11 = 27.27%
2011/12 - 5/11 = 45.45%
2010/11 - 4/11 = 36.36%
2009/10 - 8/11 = 72.73% (non Scots were Sasa Papac, Steven Davis and Liam Miller)

12 minutes ago, G51 Red said:

Who would you replace him with ?

Ntcham would swap with McGeouch in my team .

I would have had Callum McGregor over both of them, apart from that I agree with this team

I'm surprised any Rangers player made it - but other than Tavernier, I wouldn't argue with any of the other selections. Interesting that only 3 Celtic players made it - was there some sort of limit per team?

30 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

I really love the meltdowns people have over things like this.

Sorry not on here, but some replies on Twitter are excellent. 

The Clyde fans were particularly entertaining over David Goodwillie not being in the team of the season.

1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

The Clyde fans were particularly entertaining over David Goodwillie not being in the team of the season.

Really lol?  If there was going to be any lower division striker on the list the most deserving would be Lawrence Shankland, who scored more goals, in a higher division, and helped his team win something. 

Clyde fans seem to be a funny lot

9 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Really lol?  If there was going to be any lower division striker on the list the most deserving would be Lawrence Shankland, who scored more goals, in a higher division, and helped his team win something. 

There was a team of the season for each division.

So, even in the League 2 team of the season, Goodwillie still didn't make it in.  Quite right too.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFA_Scotland_Team_of_the_Year

This is the PFA one so I think it's a different team but still relevant. I've counted players as being Scottish if the played for Scotland. Kris Commons for example was born in England but I've counted him.

2017/18 - 8/11 = 72.73%
2016/17 - 5/11 = 45.45%
2015/16 - 6/11 = 54.55%
2014/15 - 5/11 = 45.45%
2013/14 - 8/11 = 72.73% (non Scots were Fraser Forster, Virgil Van Dijk and Nadir Ciftci)
2012/13 - 3/11 = 27.27%
2011/12 - 5/11 = 45.45%
2010/11 - 4/11 = 36.36%
2009/10 - 8/11 = 72.73% (non Scots were Sasa Papac, Steven Davis and Liam Miller)

I counted 9 Scots in this year's team. Tavernier and Jones the non-Scots.

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Should read their thread on here. They reckon he's "good enough to start for 90% of clubs in the Country" and that he's Jack Ross' priority signing when he joins Sunderland. 

They're not even joking. 

Archived