How many Junior clubs will start next season?

theesel1994

10 hours ago, kenny131 said:

I really thought pollok would be the 1s to show the way in the west, out all the junior clubs east and west I think pollok would have progressed further than anyone the potential at your club is huge and could easily seen you in the spfl pushing for the championship over time. 

I don't disagree but you also have to balance it out that a lot of the support base have a 'big' team (not always OF) and might be drawn down the whole 'if I wanted to watch Senior i'd watch...'

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I don't disagree but you also have to balance it out that a lot of the support base have a 'big' team (not always OF) and might be drawn down the whole 'if I wanted to watch Senior i'd watch...'

Or maybe they want pollok as there big team to watch how will you know until it's tested

Looks like 36 teams left in the East region, 63 or 64 in West (depending on Stonehouse application) and 32 in the North. With a couple of teams banned in the Scottish this year it looks like there may only be one or two ties in the First Round and possibly none if some north sides scratch.

3 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Looks like 36 teams left in the East region, 63 or 64 in West (depending on Stonehouse application) and 32 in the North. With a couple of teams banned in the Scottish this year it looks like there may only be one or two ties in the First Round and possibly none if some north sides scratch.

At the risk of sounding pendantic surely it’s impossible to have  no ties in the first round ?

4 minutes ago, redstarbenhar said:

At the risk of sounding pendantic surely it’s impossible to have  no ties in the first round ?

Well yes. But if there are only one or two ties and then clubs withdraw there might end up being no completed ties. 

5 hours ago, redstarbenhar said:

5 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

Well yes. But if there are only one or two ties and then clubs withdraw there might end up being no completed ties. 

But if there are no ties needed or played in Round 1 the competition will start with the draw for Round 2.

Which would thereby become the "first round".

And would have to be re-named Round 1.

So it IS impossible to have no ties in the first round!

:wacko:

40 minutes ago, archieb said:

But if there are no ties needed or played in Round 1 the competition will start with the draw for Round 2.

Which would thereby become the "first round".

And would have to be re-named Round 1.

So it IS impossible to have no ties in the first round!

:wacko:

Bearing in mind the SJFA’s penchant for  long winded cup draws every team in round one could receive a bye into round two 

13 minutes ago, redstarbenhar said:

Bearing in mind the SJFA’s penchant for  long winded cup draws every team in round one could receive a bye into round two 

OMG I can just see them doing that!

Or drawing 127 byes and the last 2 teams to be drawn get to play the ONE R1 tie!! :lol:

So just to update this a little - in regards to the Scottish Junior Cup :

There were 157 entries this year (Islavale withdrew before competition started - I've gone on the assumption they will be suspended next season).

Less 25 clubs from the East Region & 1 from the West Region going Senior = 131

Lewis United (folded) and Inverness City (taking a year out) = 129

3 clubs withdrew from this years competition after being drawn to play (Saltcoats Vics, Johnstone Burgh & Cruden Bay) = 126

(I'm assuming they are all suspended from next year's competition).

So this means one round less next season?

Archived