9 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Shouldn't Jaz (Staunch Fan) be added as well, as he played within the last year?

8 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

See also Jamie Ewings ( very staunch fan) . Doesn't concern me at all and neither would it if they were #Devout.  My only concern is that they do their best for the Sons.

That's true, though I was only looking at players signed since Durrant's arrival.

8 hours ago, optimistic said:

Perhaps mr forbes should show a comparison with the Celtic linked boys?

Mark Stewart - Youth player
David Wilson - (I think) Celtic fan
Boomer - Celtic fan
Sam Wardrop - Youth player
Liam Dick - (I think) Celtic fan

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Montrose fans seem to think we're signing Cammy Ballantyne (RB) from them, so I doubt we're looking at a back 3.

Judging by the comments on their thread he sounds like he would be an excellent option to fill our right-back gap. I'm always a bit sceptical when I haven't heard anything rumoured on our thread first though. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many on here going down to help out at the weekend?  All the materials are down there and ready to go, stadium should be looking tip top when we're done!

I'm hoping we'll be able to squeeze some info out of Aitken on Sunday when he pops in for a chat. 

Judging by the comments on their thread he sounds like he would be an excellent option to fill our right-back gap. I'm always a bit sceptical when I haven't heard anything rumoured on our thread first though. 

Are you lads full time?? Cammy would be a great signing but if not full time, would hope he would come back to Montrose if there are no full time offers on the table.

4 minutes ago, Judge said:

Are you lads full time?? Cammy would be a great signing but if not full time, would hope he would come back to Montrose if there are no full time offers on the table.

We're part time. We have an excellent record for players moving on to full time clubs in recent years though. He's a Glasgow lad too by the looks of it, maybe he fancies being closer to home?

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Many on here going down to help out at the weekend?  All the materials are down there and ready to go, stadium should be looking tip top when we're done!

I'm hoping we'll be able to squeeze some info out of Aitken on Sunday when he pops in for a chat. 

I'll be there tomorrow, looking forward to it - and if anyone wants any 2008/09 memorabilia signed by Ross Forbes* then I'll be more than happy to help out ;)

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Had a thought, if we don't get a RB, or maybe plan to not get a RB, Stevie's maybe looking at 3-5-2?

Adam

Dowie - C Barr - Dyer

Carswell - Hutton

B Barr - Forbes - Newman/loanee

Gallagher - Loy

Paul Newman in midfield 8):wub:

30519636fd.jpg

Good interview with Loy on the OS:

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3662

Two things stood out for me, firstly how big a role Stevie played in getting him here - with other players not having a bad word to say about him. Slag his tactics all you want (and I have) but he's always been popular with players, which says a lot about him.

The second was this: " I felt like taking a step away from full-time football and Dumbarton ticked all the boxes as far as I was concerned".  Say what you want about the C&G partnership, but I don't think he's only made the move because C&G wage + DFC > Raith/F/T Championship wage. I think, after the season he's had, he wants to just enjoy football again - and the job helped make his move an easy one.

22 days until the first competitive game :):):)

Good interview with Loy on the OS:
http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3662
Two things stood out for me, firstly how big a role Stevie played in getting him here - with other players not having a bad word to say about him. Slag his tactics all you want (and I have) but he's always been popular with players, which says a lot about him.
The second was this: " I felt like taking a step away from full-time football and Dumbarton ticked all the boxes as far as I was concerned".  Say what you want about the C&G partnership, but I don't think he's only made the move because C&G wage + DFC > Raith/F/T Championship wage. I think, after the season he's had, he wants to just enjoy football again - and the job helped make his move an easy one.
22 days until the first competitive game [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
I can exclusively reveal that participating this Sunday in an open competition at Erskine Golf Club, C & S Aitken's playing partners will be C Adam of Royal Lytham St Anne's and AN Other.

Alright lads, recorded a lengthy two-part podcast with Mark Docherty, an erstwhile Dumbarton player.

In the second part, he spoke about his two years at the club and I believe it will be of some interest to the lads (and the lassies!) in this part of the forum.

CLICK

Alright lads, recorded a lengthy two-part podcast with Mark Docherty, an erstwhile Dumbarton player.

In the second part, he spoke about his two years at the club and I believe it will be of some interest to the lads (and the lassies!) in this part of the forum.

CLICK

Was very interesting to listen to, with loads of funny stories. Would recommend everyone gives it a listen.

Archived