On 22/06/2018 at 08:20, Ross Forbes said:

That's true, though I was only looking at players signed since Durrant's arrival.

Mark Stewart - Youth player
David Wilson - (I think) Celtic fan
Boomer - Celtic fan
Sam Wardrop - Youth player
Liam Dick - (I think) Celtic fan

Judging by the comments on their thread he sounds like he would be an excellent option to fill our right-back gap. I'm always a bit sceptical when I haven't heard anything rumoured on our thread first though. 

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-courier-advertiser-fife-edition/20180623/283596696019098

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

Great bit of business if it goes through.

Big ups to the guys who turned up today. I'm shattered and covered in paint, but thoroughly enjoyed it. 

2 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Great bit of business if it goes through.

Big ups to the guys who turned up today. I'm shattered and covered in paint, but thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I just got in and sat down and I don't think I'll be able to move from here. Place is looking good though, a few things that will be outstanding but a huge amount of work was completed today. 19 people there in total throughout the day, hopefully the same again tomorrow and we'll get everything done! Agree though, normally I'd have loathed a day of manual labour but I feel quite chuffed.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I just got in and sat down and I don't think I'll be able to move from here. Place is looking good though, a few things that will be outstanding but a huge amount of work was completed today. 19 people there in total throughout the day, hopefully the same again tomorrow and we'll get everything done! Agree though, normally I'd have loathed a day of manual labour but I feel quite chuffed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it's done. Was great to have a wee look round other areas in the stadium too - got some nice photos from the dugout side as well.

If anyone's available then I'd recommend getting down tomorrow. 

20180623_124639.thumb.jpg.17f414c88e08d324a7bff9cf26e0a6f8.jpg

Ballantyne does look to be a good piece if business. Glad to have a starting team at least. 

Good work by all today. That was a good wee shift for a weekend following a hard weeks work. 

Back down tomorrow. Hopefully see some more faces to to get us over the line.

I'm a bit shattered having just worked six days in a row with a 5:00 am rise. What time is start tomorrow? I might be able to help for a couple of hours but I have to get home for 12:15 pm as England are due to play a Canal.

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I'm a bit shattered having just worked six days in a row with a 5:00 am rise. What time is start tomorrow? I might be able to help for a couple of hours but I have to get home for 12:15 pm as England are due to play a Canal.

Nope, they're playing 11 hats.

2 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

10am start tomorrow. A couple of hours graft would be most welcome. Few stairs needing a nice fresh coat of yellow paint...

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

IMG_2818.jpg
I presume this means that there will be a signing tomorrow.

Hopefully that'll be confirmation of the Ballantyne deal, which would give us a very handy looking starting eleven.

Grant Adam

Cammy Ballantyne Andy Dowie Craig Barr Willie Dyer

Bobby Barr Stuart Carswell Kyle Hutton Ross Forbes

Rory Loy Calum Gallagher

I'd like to see us bring in another winger to allow Forbes to play centrally, but on paper at least that looks really promising. Add in a spare goalkeeper, couple of defenders, two wingers and another striker (probably including a few loans) to give us a squad of 16ish and I'll be really pleased.

10 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Talk of Ross Perry coming in from Albion Rovers. Presumably as back up for Dowie and Barr. Another ex Ranger who Durrant will know.

I kind of hoped that hearing nothing about that transfer since last month meant that it had gone away.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:
I kind of hoped that hearing nothing about that transfer since last month meant that it had gone away.

I've just had ice cream and rossperry jelly for Sunday dinner.

A quick Google near enough confirms it:

PART-TIME. How was it making the move to part-time football and what is your job during the week? It was tough to begin with and I think originally I was a little bit in denial that football was no longer going to be my job. Three years on I love part-time football and it has given me the opportunity to start a new chapter in my life. I work for C&G Systems, who provide railway access planning and delivery to the current electrification projects in Scotland.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2702061/ross-perry-walter-smith-barrie-mckay-rangers-fight/

Please prove me wrong, Ross. I'd love nothing more. 

I don't know much of Ross Perry to be honest, but if signing, he'll be backup only to Dowie and Barr, so I won't be panicking yet.

Our squad is going to be padded out by backup players so I don't have a major issue with it.

And remember... everyone told us Jimmy Lister was shite when he signed for us.[emoji6]

Archived