• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

No parachute payment. As has been said, it looks like our stadium sponsors have played a big part in this by giving him a job on the railways. He apparently had offers from Dunfermline and Raith.

My first thought was he sees him out of football when he hangs his boots up but i'm pretty sure he sat coaching badges in the summer. 

My mindset was that Dumbarton were gonna stagnate a bit in league 1, it is a league tho that a lot of relegated teams do bounce back, recent signings would put yourselves and Raith as favourites, after the doom an gloom of last season, things are looking up. 

Is Mark Stewart still with you ?

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

My first thought was he sees him out of football when he hangs his boots up but i'm pretty sure he sat coaching badges in the summer. 

My mindset was that Dumbarton were gonna stagnate a bit in league 1, it is a league tho that a lot of relegated teams do bounce back, recent signings would put yourselves and Raith as favourites, after the doom an gloom of last season, things are looking up. 

Stewart went to Stirling

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

We've started our squad build very well for League 1, but I'm wary of everything that has been said previously regarding our budget. Craig Barr will still be on his Championship wage, Ross Forbes will not come cheap and I highly doubt Loy is here for an average League 1 wage, despite help from our sponsors. That means we'll need to be clever with the back up players - an injury to any of them at any time and we could begin to look very ordinary. Long way for us to go before we're considered title favourites IMO.

2 hours ago, Northern Son said:

Takes me back to memories of my old flat in Dixon Road... 

Which was what made me think of it (Holyrood School). Got the name mixed up with the old Saint Columba's in Clydebank, another school where I knew a teacher. I had meant to say too that John Bourke played cricket for Helensburgh and was handy to know for comps - as was Alistair Brown.

13 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Saw him at the Stand - very funny. Enjoys and encourages audience interaction for those considering sitting down the front.

He's very funny.  We saw him a couple of times at Jongleurs.  On Radio Scotland on Breaking the News and the like. He was featured in a series where they interviewed a different stand up comic every week. They'd all had pretty bizarre and chaotic lives - none more so than Scott.

The programme info is here but unfortunately not available at the moment. The Beeb will definitely repeat the series as it was like a succession of car crashes.

Archived