54 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I wonder when the last time we had a striker bang 25 in a season (so8/Ross Forbes)?

39 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:
54 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I wonder when the last time we had a striker bang 25 in a season (so8/Ross Forbes)?

John Bourke 75/76

This. In the entire history of the club, a player has only managed this feat on 14 occasions. Nine of them are post war and scored by four different players. We obviously know Bourke was one but can anyone name the other three? It's not actually that difficult.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Referee Grant Irvine was mine. Always said he was best mates with Nick Walsh.

They basically lead parallel lives and must be a similar sort of age.

It was great having a ref as a teacher. I used to quiz him like Dermot Gallacher on Sky Sports News every Monday!

I like Calum Gallagher and I do think he'll be a good player for us at this level, but really, away and fucking behave yourself.

Why? [emoji23]

Who scored more last season? I’ve not looked but I’m sure Gallagher got more than 1? Gallagher is a wee pacey bullish player, Loy is anything but.

Same goes with Baird, who actually had a not too bad return, how is saying he’s a better signing so ridiculous when he scored more in the same league last year?

I’m not sure what’s so daft about what I am saying here. Its the only reason I’m replying, stats all backing me up. It’s like Rangers fans getting excited over Kranjcar or Alves, going off past reputation and the name.

You’ve got Falkirk fans in here saying he was terrible last year and he’d struggle to get a game for the Shire. Boys that have watched him all season.

He’ll be a good player and it IS a good signing but there’s a shout of 25 goals ffs... His goal last season shouldn’t even count, it was against Brechin.

I've got to say this is all looking very positive from a squad-building point of view.

Two things must happen now; firstly, unlike recent seasons we need to be at it from the off and generating momentum and headlines.  Secondly, the disappeared 'Ninth Legion' must be tracked down and encouraged to head down the Castle Road again on a regular basis.  If you know anyone who has lapsed - and who doesn't ? - then encourage them to give it serious consideration.

Why? [emoji23]

Who scored more last season? I’ve not looked but I’m sure Gallagher got more than 1? Gallagher is a wee pacey bullish player, Loy is anything but.

Same goes with Baird, who actually had a not too bad return, how is saying he’s a better signing so ridiculous when he scored more in the same league last year?

I’m not sure what’s so daft about what I am saying here. Its the only reason I’m replying, stats all backing me up. It’s like Rangers fans getting excited over Kranjcar or Alves, going off past reputation and the name.

You’ve got Falkirk fans in here saying he was terrible last year and he’d struggle to get a game for the Shire. Boys that have watched him all season.

He’ll be a good player and it IS a good signing but there’s a shout of 25 goals ffs... His goal last season shouldn’t even count, it was against Brechin.

25 goals is hardly a ridiculous shout. One bad season, the season previous he was excellent on loan at St Mirren at a higher level. Lawrence Shankland only managed 4 goals in 33 appearances before signing for Ayr!

Archived