• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad Loy has signed for you guys rather than a team in our division. I really hope he finds his form again for yous. Was fantastic for us first time round and pre season and the first 20mins of the opener against St Mirren. Got injured then a downward spiral followed which I believe was due to circumstances off the field. Wish him all the best and will be looking out for your results next season to see if he can get his confidence back and concentrate on what he is good at. 

I'm just out a meeting, so didn't get a chance to post my immediate reaction, but even after an hour I'm still absolutely over the moon about this.

When we were relegated two things could've happened: We could've wallowed in self-pity and spoken about how dreadful everything would be, or we could've got our heads down and started to create a really good feeling about the place. All credit has to go to Stevie for that. His signings (on paper at least) have been impressive thus far, and if that means padding out the rest of the squad with journeymen type jobbers then so-be-it. Last year we went with quantity over quality, now we've got quality over quantity - which worked for Ayr United.

Credit also to DFC and C&G. C&G are the most pro-active sponsors we've had in years, and it's great to see them getting so involved, whilst DFC are starting to look like the open, friendly club we hoped they'd become. Reduced ticket prices, Stevie at the BB night, Dumbarton United getting their C&G kits at the stadium, and the Stadium maintenance day. I couldn't see any of those things happening in previous years.

There's were a lot of dissenting voices when Stevie was kept on, and I understand that. Quite a few folk were talking about how they wouldn't renew their season tickets in disgust. Not a fan of starving the club myself, but again I could understand it. Now though, unless you're struggling for finances, there's no excuse. We've got as strong a core as anyone in the league, decent prices and a manager who strikes me as being reinvigorated and desperate to rebuild his reputation.

Buy your season tickets, buy your scarves, come down and help get the stadium looking sparkling. This is a bold new age of DFC, but it can only work if the fans get on board with the vision.

Just now, lionel wickson said:
15 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I wonder when the last time we had a striker bang 25 in a season (so8/Ross Forbes)?

John Bourke 75/76

He was my PE teacher!

Im delighted with the statement of intent with this latest signing.  Stevie looks to be assembling a team capable of challenging at the top of the league which is excellent to see.

I genuinely thought we'd struggle to attract the talent we have and Stevie should get credit for these signings. As so it would seem should C&G. I love these guys.

As has been mentioned before. Fans that were undecided about buying a season ticket should now be buying one and any fans claiming they wouldn't be back need to reconsider. This promises to be a good season but we need to get everyone on board. 

2 minutes ago, sons'r'us said:

Im delighted with the statement of intent with this latest signing.  Stevie looks to be assembling a team capable of challenging at the top of the league which is excellent to see.

I genuinely thought we'd struggle to attract the talent we have and Stevie should get credit for these signings. As so it would seem should C&G. I love these guys.

As has been mentioned before. Fans that were undecided about buying a season ticket should now be buying one and any fans claiming they wouldn't be back need to reconsider. This promises to be a good season but we need to get everyone on board. 

Absolutely some great signings and if we can revert to attack mode we could be in for some great entertainment.Arguably this squad would have been great for US in the championship let alone L1.So kudos to all involved.

Archived