• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really do hope it works out for Rory, seems like a really nice guy and first time around he was one of my favourite ever players. He banged the goals in but more than that is all round play for a striker at that level was fantastic. He would drift wide and come deep for the ball, hold the ball up when needed, chase everything and was a great link to the midfield. He would give everything for the team and it really showed when he played around 85 minutes in the cup final despite being nowhere close to fit.

However this is not the Loy that we had last season and I suspect not the player you’ll be getting either. He started off well in the Bet Fred cup games didn’t score but got a few assists and I was one of many that thought with him and Austin up front we would have quite comfortably the best strike force in the division but of course wasn’t meant to be. He went off injured after around half an hour on the opening day away to St. Mirren and we never got a performance out of him for the rest of the season. He was slow, cumbersome, first touch had completely disappeared as did his confidence, couldn’t beat a man and to be honest it was really sad to see just how bad he was playing. It was quite telling that towards the end of the season we were going with 6 subs and actually giving Alex Harris a game rather than have Loy in the squad. Of course there were a lot of rumours around issues with his personal life which if true would’ve contributed to his awful loss of form. But that’s really just pure speculation.

Like I said I really do hope he gets his fitness and form back and contributes in a massive way for you guys this season. However I have major doubts that the player I watched last season would even be able to cut it at this level.

Really do hope it works out for Rory, seems like a really nice guy and first time around he was one of my favourite ever players. He banged the goals in but more than that is all round play for a striker at that level was fantastic. He would drift wide and come deep for the ball, hold the ball up when needed, chase everything and was a great link to the midfield. He would give everything for the team and it really showed when he played around 85 minutes in the cup final despite being nowhere close to fit.

However this is not the Loy that we had last season and I suspect not the player you’ll be getting either. He started off well in the Bet Fred cup games didn’t score but got a few assists and I was one of many that thought with him and Austin up front we would have quite comfortably the best strike force in the division but of course wasn’t meant to be. He went off injured after around half an hour on the opening day away to St. Mirren and we never got a performance out of him for the rest of the season. He was slow, cumbersome, first touch had completely disappeared as did his confidence, couldn’t beat a man and to be honest it was really sad to see just how bad he was playing. It was quite telling that towards the end of the season we were going with 6 subs and actually giving Alex Harris a game rather than have Loy in the squad. Of course there were a lot of rumours around issues with his personal life which if true would’ve contributed to his awful loss of form. But that’s really just pure speculation.

Like I said I really do hope he gets his fitness and form back and contributes in a massive way for you guys this season. However I have major doubts that the player I watched last season would even be able to cut it at this level.

So, you mean there’s a reason he’s playing League 1?

I am shocked to hear that

I really hope this works out for him. If you get even a third of the player we had in his first spell with us it's an outstanding signing. No one knows what happened last season but it's well documented it was off field issues of some sort. Hopefully he's sorted them and with a clean slate can get back in his feet. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he fucking bangs them in for you lot. 

20180530_135959.jpg.9cf704ae4b61dbc7bf53876f1037d525.jpg

Haha not at all, I said it when he was linked with Raith too and before Dumbarton were even mentioned. Put it this way, if I was a centre half next season playing against Dumbarton I’d be more worried about coming up against Gallagher than I would Loy.

Also think Baird will do much better, more physical and suited to this level. Of course you can bring this up in 11 month time if I’m wrong. [emoji51]

Some signing for the Sons that. Especially in addition to Forbes. Obviously there is still a bit of work to be done but looks like you guys have the basis of a very good team. Possibility of your starting XI actually being stronger than your team in the Championship last year.

5 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Some signing for the Sons that. Especially in addition to Forbes. Obviously there is still a bit of work to be done but looks like you guys have the basis of a very good team. Possibility of your starting XI actually being stronger than your team in the Championship last year.

I reckon you could start Susan Boyle at right back with the players we have now and we'd still have a better team than last year. 

Adam

Boyle -- Dowie -- C. Barr -- Dyer

Forbes -- Hutton -- Carswell -- B. Barr

Loy -- Gallagher

#SuBoToSons

The Rory Loy that we had a few seasons ago would rip this league apart. The one we had last season would struggle to get a game for the Shire.

I really hope that he's managed to sort out whatever the problem was and you get the former.

Archived