• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loy would be a good player at this level of that there’s no doubt, but this probably is his level now, boys finished at any level higher

Is he not well known for being a lazy b*****d?

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Loy would be a good player at this level of that there’s no doubt, but this probably is his level now, boys finished at any level higher

People have said that before about our signings. Some have worked some haven't, Lister being a great example. Lee Mair a bad example. 

Is he not well known for being a lazy b*****d?

Dundee fans in my work weren’t overly keen with him, seems like it was probably one of their bigger disappointments because he was on fire with Falkirk the year before and had come with a bit of hype. Probably last good season he had, after his return last year not surprised to see he’ll be playing in League 1. Good age to go PT too.

Good signing I would say but there’s no way he’ll tear it up in the same fashion as someone like Shankland. Forbes will end up a much better signing for you I’d say.

With the way Raith are going too by losing out on guys like this I really don’t think there’s any real favourites this season.

Based on what? 1 poor season at Falkirk with off the field issues and manager he doesn't get on with?

He was highly sought after last summer after firing St Mirren to survival. He hasn't turned shite.

Got home from work. Saw I had 8 unread pages, thought surely we have signed someone, got to final 2 pages with severely wet knickers thinking it was loy, only to see........nothing (yet)

It's like a night in a Glasgow strip club this, get excited over nothing

Pleas sign Loy

Based on what? 1 poor season at Falkirk with off the field issues and manager he doesn't get on with?

He was highly sought after last summer after firing St Mirren to survival. He hasn't turned shite.

Where did I say he was shite?

And a lot can happen in a year, that St Mirren team were also near the bottom of the championship, what Championship sides do you think would be after him that would give him a good enough offer to stay FT at 30?

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Got home from work. Saw I had 8 unread pages, thought surely we have signed someone, got to final 2 pages with severely wet knickers thinking it was loy, only to see........nothing (yet)

It's like a night in a Glasgow strip club this, get excited over nothing

Pleas sign Loy

You're better checking the DFC twitter for actual news - we just talk shite in here to pass the time.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

And a lot can happen in a year, that St Mirren team were also near the bottom of the championship, what Championship sides do you think would be after him that would give him a good enough offer to stay FT at 30?

Maybe the guy fancied a change? By all accounts he was suffering depression last year, maybe a step back from football day in day out is what he needs. Or maybe he's completely finished despite being a perfectly good Championship striker in 2017. Nobody knows for certain, but you can't sit there and tell me that if Arbroath had signed Loy you wouldn't be ripping the heid right aff it right now.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're better checking the DFC twitter for actual news - we just talk shite in here to pass the time.

To be fair there's something really exciting about finding out about an official signing on P&B.

Alan Findlay has got us all like puppets on a string...

I’m away on holiday where it’s 30 degrees, sun splitting the skies, and I’ve had to come inside to charge my phone in anticipation of a tweet with a picture of two men shaking hands...

You just can’t explain it to people who don’t get it; us diddy team fans are irrational beings.

Maybe the guy fancied a change? By all accounts he was suffering depression last year, maybe a step back from football day in day out is what he needs. Or maybe he's completely finished despite being a perfectly good Championship striker in 2017. Nobody knows for certain, but you can't sit there and tell me that if Arbroath had signed Loy you wouldn't be ripping the heid right aff it right now.

I’d be really happy with it but certainly wouldn’t be getting carried away.

If it was any other striker coming off the back of 2 struggling seasons at teams near the bottom of the championship you wouldn’t be doing that either.. name and reputation from a good while ago causing that. Tbh I’d have preferred John Baird

He was brought in on loan at St Mirren and played a massive part in keeping them up when they looked doomed. Falkirk fans were calling it the signing of the season when he opted to go there last summer but it ultimately never worked out for him for a variety of reasons already discussed.

I've heard of at least one full-time Championship side who had shown an interest in him this summer.

Him being 30 means nothing. The best player in the Championship is currently 35. 30 is hardly over the hill.

Archived