1 minute ago, basher brash said:

Have I missed something because what’s all the hype over Rory Loy? Couldn’t careless one way or another if he’s signs for the Rovers or not but what’s all  the excitement from the Dumbarton fans regarding his signature

The guy who's scored goals in the Championship and Premiership in the last 3 years?  Can't think why a recently relegated part time League 1 side would be delighted with that.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have I missed something because what’s all the hype over Rory Loy? Couldn’t careless one way or another if he’s signs for the Rovers or not but what’s all  the excitement from the Dumbarton fans regarding his signature

Remember Shankland from last season?

Meet Rory Loy.

He's probably the best quality available striker for League 1. Look at the likely alternatives.

6 minutes ago, basher brash said:

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Remember Shankland from last season?

Meet Rory Loy.

Aye, that's basically it. If either of our clubs can get him near the form he was in for Falkirk in his first spell or St Mirren then he should get at least 20 goals at this level.  We also went through the whole of last season without having a natural striker of any real note - so if Stevie can address that having already sorted our need for an attacking centre-mid then I'll be over the moon.

This time last year he was probably the most sought after forward in the Championship, and Falkirk getting him from under St Mirren's noses looked like a tremendous bit of business. It didn't work out, and he obviously doesn't get on with Hartley from his time at Dundee.

Hopefully Rory takes 'basher brash's' comments to heart and decides his future lies in G82.

4 minutes ago, basher brash said:

How many did he score last season?

Is that all you base your opinion of a player on?

2 minutes ago, basher brash said:

The guy had off-field troubles by all accounts, if he's over them and fit he'll score 20 times that in this division.

Look at Spence and Buchanan 30 odd goals between them before we signed them but your right great signing 1 goal in 18 games

Yeah, I agree.  Raith Rovers signed some players last year that didn't work out so that means Rory Loy will be shite.

Image result for cheryl gif

14 minutes ago, basher brash said:

cumming.gif.17384b5535d5ff8ccb5c56828a8c24c7.gif.9aa7fd0e1dab1a8426fb5325308f015f.gif

You might be resigned to staying in League 1, we're not. 

Capt Kirk agrees 

15 minutes ago, basher brash said:

It all makes sense now. I was at the restaurant last night and the waiter seemed to be quite animated knowing I was a Sons fan. "Lowly Roy" he said as he winked.

It was the Chinese restaurant.

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Dumbarton fans jizzing in there pants over Rory Loy hopefully for your sake you manage to sign him

I'd be more than happy to get him at Raith, one bad season doesn't make him a bad player, and he's easily the best available option. Otherwise we're relying on Vaughan, Buchanan who hasn't done the business at all, and Duggan who... f**k knows.

Archived