• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a heartbeat...good winger and can score goals.Out of our price range unfortuneately

Not saying for a second we are going to sign him, in fact I’m extremely confident we won’t but given the fact just signed Ross Forbes is he really out of our price range?

2 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Not saying for a second we are going to sign him, in fact I’m extremely confident we won’t but given the fact just signed Ross Forbes is he really out of our price range?

I'll give C&G Systems a phone...£££

8)

2 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Unless he goes PT and gits a joab at C and G ,,it aint happenin....unfortuneately

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Forbes for Handling would outdo Vaughan for Stevo.

I wouldn't expect him to sign for Morton though. He never played under McKinnon at Raith and I'd be absolutely astounded if he wanted to sign him based on last season's showing with ourselves.

I reckon the best he could do in the Championship is Alloa, but even at that I'd be surprised.

As poor as Handling was at times that is just nonsense. I'd actually be happy enough if Handling re-signs and think he could be useful in a more attack minded line up. But I equally won't be overly concerned if he doesn't sign up again.

1 minute ago, squeezeboxson said:

As poor as Handling was at times that is just nonsense. I'd actually be happy enough if Handling re-signs and think he could be useful in a more attack minded line up. But I equally won't be overly concerned if he doesn't sign up again.

I'm going to be controversial here and say that Ryan Stevenson was less of a disappointment than Danny Handling in the 'high profile but ultimately unsuccessful signing' stakes.

Handling will probably be one of our better paid players if he stays (even on reduced terms), and I can't see a way to shoehorn him and Forbes into the same team effectively. If our budget is as tight as we're told then I'd far rather get him off the wage bill and spend the money elsewhere. Ideally on a goalkeeper or a striker.

Each to their own. Arguably Stevo contributed more than Handling did in his short time with us (3 goals in 17 league appearances vs 2 in 16 for Handling) he was just a lazier all round player. Handling had one decent showing in his entire spell with us IMO - Alloa away. It's not ludicrous (and certainly not nonsense) to suggest it would be a similar scale of swap tbh, especially given that Forbes will easily be the best player in our squad.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Each to their own. Arguably Stevo contributed more than Handling did in his short time with us (3 goals in 17 league appearances vs 2 in 16 for Handling) he was just a lazier all round player. Handling had one decent showing in his entire spell with us IMO - Alloa away. It's not ludicrous (and certainly not nonsense) to suggest it would be a similar scale of swap tbh, especially given that Forbes will easily be the best player in our squad.

Stevo was an absolute waste of a jersey and swapping him for Vaughan was the most ridiculous swap (I know it wasn't a swap but...).

I agree on paper Forbes is a top signing but let's just wait and see how he gets on.

George Newell, son of Mike Newell, maybe a season playing regularly maybe the platform he needs .

anything like his dad, he should do well, and be firing them in in  the first division
I remember Mike Newell scoring a hat trick for Aberdeen against us in a cup match at boghead back in the day. Think we lost 5-0. I was only wee but I'm sure one of the 'older' fans amongst us will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/16283213.Aitken_anticipates_intense_start_as_Dumbarton_FC_pre-season_kicks_off/

It looks like Carswell and Gallagher have both agreed to stay whilst Handling and McLaughlin will be leaving. McLaughlin going full time (apparently back to Ross County) with Handling looking for a lot more money than we appear to be offering (best of luck with that m8).

Interesting that Aitken doesn't think that McLaughlin is fully recovered from his injury issues. Perhaps we've dodged a bullet there, we can ill afford another season with half the team crocked.

http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/16283213.Aitken_anticipates_intense_start_as_Dumbarton_FC_pre-season_kicks_off/

It looks like Carswell and Gallagher have both agreed to stay whilst Handling and McLaughlin will be leaving. McLaughlin going full time (apparently back to Ross County) with Handling looking for a lot more money than we appear to be offering (best of luck with that m8).

Interesting that Aitken doesn't think that McLaughlin is fully recovered from his injury issues. Perhaps we've dodged a bullet there, we can ill afford another season with half the team crocked.

So... out of those players the only one that could be signing today is Seagal and even then Aitken made it sound like that might not happen until next week. If that Motherwell guy came in on loan it wouldn’t be for a while yet.

Hoping for an new signing that there has been no rumours of - A rare occurrence nowadays.

That's good news about Carsy and the SeaGal. Two solid players who should do a good job at League One level. I might not be too against keeping Carsy and Hutton together if it allows Forbes to just spray passes around and shoot.

Popped up on my Timehop today that a year ago we'd only just signed Andy Dowie. Business might not be Airdrie degrees of fast, but we're certainly ahead of last year in terms of new signings. 

Be interesting to see who the new faces coming up for pre-season are too.

That's good news about Carsy and the SeaGal. Two solid players who should do a good job at League One level. I might not be too against keeping Carsy and Hutton together if it allows Forbes to just spray passes around and shoot.
Popped up on my Timehop today that a year ago we'd only just signed Andy Dowie. Business might not be Airdrie degrees of fast, but we're certainly ahead of last year in terms of new signings. 
Be interesting to see who the new faces coming up for pre-season are too.

Hopefully our camera man is there so we can come up with a whos who

12 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

I remember Mike Newell scoring a hat trick for Aberdeen against us in a cup match at boghead back in the day. Think we lost 5-0. I was only wee but I'm sure one of the 'older' fans amongst us will correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I think we actually took the lead in that one, a great cross in from the left (possibly from Lee Sharp) and a fine first-time finish from Colin McKinnon. You were right though, Aberdeen went on to score five.

5 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

I think we actually took the lead in that one, a great cross in from the left (possibly from Lee Sharp) and a fine first-time finish from Colin McKinnon. You were right though, Aberdeen went on to score five.

Aberdeen also had a player in their starting line up that had cost them £1 million.

Bonkers.

Archived