Until I see him stood on the pitch with a scarf I won’t let myself believe it.

I’ll admit that I’m very, very excited though.

Your excitement is justified and understandable. Not long now.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Hope you guys come right back up. A great club and a good bunch of c***s on here. I'll miss the away days next season:(

Make sure Ross Forbes gets across the Erskine Bridge & we'll do our best.

Send us big Robert Thomson too please  :)

Ross Forbes would be an excellent signing for Dumbarton. Would be the first signing from a rival club this summer that I’d be jealous of.

I know Dumbarton have barely signed or re-signed anyone yet but do you think if you get this over the line it suggests your budget may not be as tight as previously feared? Or do you think Aitken is just going for quality over quantity and you will be running with a small squad? 

Either way great signing if it comes off. Disappointing.

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Ross Forbes would be an excellent signing for Dumbarton. Would be the first signing from a rival club this summer that I’d be jealous of.

I know Dumbarton have barely signed or re-signed anyone yet but do you think if you get this over the line it suggests your budget may not be as tight as previously feared? Or do you think Aitken is just going for quality over quantity and you will be running with a small squad? 

Either way great signing if it comes off. Disappointing.

Stevie and the club have both said themselves we're working with around half the budget we had last year. Bear in mind we've just got Mark Stewart off the books though who was apparently our highest earner in the Championship, so Aitken will have a wee bit of cash there to get some quality. I expect we'll get a few players of quality and look for bargain deals to fill out the squad. Wouldn't be surprised to see us dip our toe in the junior market.

A spine of Dowie, Barr, Hutton and Forbes would be a solid base to build from though. Forbes perfectly crossing the ball onto Mango's beautiful head is the stuff wet dreams are made of.

Ross Forbes Da^^^

Close enough. Ross will be signing. He’s now a full time rail worker, so this suits him perfectly. Also, he likes Stevie Aitken and enjoyed his time with Dumbarton before. Let’s hope he helps bring another trophy like he did 11 years ago.

5 minutes ago, fuzzball said:

Close enough. Ross will be signing. He’s now a full time rail worker, so this suits him perfectly. Also, he likes Stevie Aitken and enjoyed his time with Dumbarton before. Let’s hope he helps bring another trophy like he did 11 years ago.

This is amazing. The pound I spend on platinum to change my username is going to be worth every penny.

Forbes picking out Mango's big handsome face from every corner and free-kick :wub:

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Stevie and the club have both said themselves we're working with around half the budget we had last year. Bear in mind we've just got Mark Stewart off the books though who was apparently our highest earner in the Championship, so Aitken will have a wee bit of cash there to get some quality. I expect we'll get a few players of quality and look for bargain deals to fill out the squad. Wouldn't be surprised to see us dip our toe in the junior market.

A spine of Dowie, Barr, Hutton and Forbes would be a solid base to build from though. Forbes perfectly crossing the ball onto Mango's beautiful head is the stuff wet dreams are made of.

Yeah that makes sense, seems Dumbarton had a bloated and oversized squad last year so a lot of the reduction can be done by trimming the dead wood and not affecting the quality too much. 

Certainly a very good start to business, Craig Barr will absolutely stroll this league. A good quality keeper and striker and you’ll be looking strong. 

New Keeper

New RB Craig Barr Andy Dowie Willie Dyer

Stuart Carswell* Kyle Hutton

Bobby Barr Ross Forbes* Andy Stirling*

Calum Gallagher*

*If a deal can be sorted. Would be a very, very strong League One side on paper.

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

New Keeper

New RB Craig Barr Andy Dowie Willie Dyer

Stuart Carswell* Kyle Hutton

Bobby Barr Ross Forbes* Andy Stirling*

Calum Gallagher*

*If a deal can be sorted. Would be a very, very strong League One side on paper.

I'm not seeing a striker there. We'll likely need one.

4 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

I'm not seeing a striker there. We'll likely need one.

We'll need more than one to be fair. The SeaGal might not be stylish to watch, but he'll do a job for us next season imo - as we found out when we finally gave him a run of games up top. Don't forget he was our top scorer last season too - even if he did stat pad against part-time teams and diddies like Dundee United ;)

Archived