Bobby Barr is a natural winger which (Stirling aside) was something we really, really lacked last season. I had a quick flick through my notes and (I think I'm right in saying) the following guys all played out wide for us last year: Liam Burt, Froxy, SeaGal, Danny Handling, Chris Johnston, Kevin Nisbet, Ally Roy, Beany, David Smith, Mark Stewart, Andy Stirling, Tom Walsh. Based purely on his ability to do winger things - like run with the ball, and get crosses in - I'd say that BDot is an improvement on every name above with the exception of Stirling.

He's got tons of experience in League One and the Championship, and actually managed to get a few goals last season. Plus he's the sort of guy who will rile opposition fans - which is really what I look for in a signing if I'm totally honest.

In a totally unrealistic and hypothetical world a front four of B.Barr and Stirling wide and SeaGal and Lyle up top would be excellent in League One. I know there's virtually no chance of that happening, but it's nice to dream a wee bit!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well worth listening to his interview on the Pele Podcast if you've got a spare couple of hours. One of our youth products and I've always kept a keen eye on his progress. I think this is a good signing.

With Barr and Dyer now part of your squad, the St JohnSons connection remains strong.

I'd assume from this that Mango is staying too. Great news in our bid to attract more female fans along.
5b1538a52adce_Screenshot2018-06-04at14_02_54.thumb.png.c2e692d109480c00fcf1cd964e93f383.png
Was coming on to post the exact same thing. I also clocked on the Sons Facebook group that someone sent him a message and he confirmed he was going nowhere as he'd signed a 2 year deal.

Fairly delighted he appears to be staying but I hope his wage (which I'm assuming will stay the same) doesn't hinder our squad building too much.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Well worth listening to his interview on the Pele Podcast if you've got a spare couple of hours. One of our youth products and I've always kept a keen eye on his progress. I think this is a good signing.

With Barr and Dyer now part of your squad, the St JohnSons connection remains strong.

Send us Chris Kane & it'll be a bond for life. :P

Barr is very capable but is let down by having a dreadful attitude. Perhaps it'll be 8th time lucky and he'll meet a manager under whom he finally screws the nut, but it's not like he's a daft 22 year old and you'd have expected maturity by now. 

He may well rile opposition fans, but he'll rile your own fans as well, becoming riled himself in the process. 

He'll definitely score against us, though. 

Just now, Michael W said:

Barr is very capable but is let down by having a dreadful attitude. Perhaps it'll be 8th time lucky and he'll meet a manager under whom he finally screws the nut, but it's not like he's a daft 22 year old and you'd have expected maturity by now. 

He may well rile opposition fans, but he'll rile your own fans as well, becoming riled himself in the process. 

Excellent. Hoping for at least one finger on lips celebration in front of one of our sweetie rustlers who deem everyone from Stephen Dobbie to Allan McManus 'terrible' and urge them to 'chuck it' on a fortnightly basis.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Excellent. Hoping for at least one finger on lips celebration in front of one of our sweetie rustlers who deem everyone from Stephen Dobbie to Allan McManus 'terrible' and urge them to 'chuck it' on a fortnightly basis.

Excellent. Sounds like there's promise of a square go being offered. 

Just now, Michael W said:

Excellent. Sounds like there's promise of a square go being offered. 

The prospect of smaller grounds and fans standing right beside the action means that it's probably a possibility.

Looking forward to it. There's one guy who I'd love to see him having a go at.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

The prospect of smaller grounds and fans standing right beside the action means that it's probably a possibility.

CAAAAAAAMMM ONNN...!?

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I hope he spends the summer at 'self defence against percussion items' classes, for his own good.

32 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Sounds like a job for....

5a88aaf66b9d6_20180217_1840392.thumb.jpg.97b8b1bbd7fd2d913720b894c8d616f8.jpg#StaunchMeetsStaunch

Betfred Fixtures out. Starting the season away to Spartans. That sounds absolutely perfect.

Friday 13 July
Kilmarnock v St Mirren (Live on BT Sport, 7.45pm)

Saturday 14 July
Spartans v Dumbarton

Tuesday 17 July
Dumbarton v Queen’s Park
St Mirren v Spartans

Saturday 21 July
Dumbarton v Kilmarnock
Queen’s Park v Spartans

Tuesday 24 July
Queen’s Park v St Mirren
Spartans v Kilmarnock

Saturday 28 July