• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Seen today on Twitter that Dean shields is leaving dunfermline. Would he be a possible shout or out of our price range again?

I'd say he'd be outwith our budget - unless the prospect of a staunch handshake is enough to tempt him in.

I'm doing a bit of reading of programmes from a decade ago (there's a reason behind it, honest) and I've just found a belting fan profile of a well known P&Ber with (what looks like in black and white at least) blonde highlights :lol:

On 30/05/2018 at 13:54, The Moonster said:

We've signed Willie Dyer. 

#StJohnSons strikes again. 

We've just signed Steven Saunders - talk to me. What's he like? Position?

Full back(can't remember which side) and loves a long punt and scoring against Raith Rovers. He's actually a really good crosser of the ball iirc.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

Full back(can't remember which side) and loves a long punt and scoring against Raith Rovers. He's actually a really good crosser of the ball iirc.

Sounds like he's a replacement for Josh Mullin then to play RWB for us

I noticed yesterday that Dundee and Airdrie have sold the naming rights to their stadia which got me thinking. Were we the first club in Scotland to do that? I'm pretty sure we were but happy to be corrected.

Sounds like he's a replacement for Josh Mullin then to play RWB for us

I think he played on the right for us but I'm useless at remembering which side full backs play on. Others will correct if I'm wrong.

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's a decent player. Although (personally) I think he's better as a centre-half than as a full-back (where he played 99% of the time for us) - his crossing is absolutely excellent, but he's not the quickest which is something that can be exposed out wide. Play him at centre-half and he'll win pretty much everything in the air, whilst looking pretty composed with the ball at his feet. He's a good goal threat from set-pieces too (just ask Raith Rovers).

I interviewed him a few months back and he was a top guy, so hopefully he establishes himself as a Premiership player again.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He was a player who split opinion quite a bit iirc. The kind of player who done okay most of the time but in my opinion never lived up to his reputation. I wasn't all that gutted when he left - in fact I was more gutted we let Scott Taggart go at the time as I was certain Taggs should have had more chances after he returned from injury that season.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

I noticed yesterday that Dundee and Airdrie have sold the naming rights to their stadia which got me thinking. Were we the first club in Scotland to do that? I'm pretty sure we were but happy to be corrected.

Think Almondvale was known as the West Lothian Courier Stadium in the late 90s so would be before we moved to the Rock

39 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Ryan McCord to play 'in the hole'.

He was working on the same site as one of my mates today actually. It's a real shame that he's never appeared that bothered about his fitness, because he was outstanding for Alloa for a couple of years before his move to Raith.

14 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

He was working on the same site as one of my mates today actually. It's a real shame that he's never appeared that bothered about his fitness, because he was outstanding for Alloa for a couple of years before his move to Raith.

Get your mate to check when he'll be down the Rock to complete the formalities.

12 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He scored a late equaliser against you guys in December 2015, his celebration earned him the nickname "The Mantis" due to his big, long, gangly body/arms. He looks really uncomfortable but he was fairly solid for us.

17 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I forgot how fucking beautiful those kits were. Greatest kit we never had.

I did it for a joke & boredom, obviously, but I'm pedantic enough to make sure it was real strips! Although I'm not sure they do anything outside the Netherlands, their kits are pretty great.

rs1005-100_fr.jpgrs1002-401_fr.jpg

Archived