Right lads, I am now officially ridding ourselves of the Sons Sorrow thread. It's a new league, new chapter, new beginnings, so let's start with a positive OP.  Huge thanks go to @bigmacDFC for starting the Sorrow thread though, it basically kick started the best period of watching the Sons for me.

To get us off on a positive footing - Captain and serial killer impersonator, Andy Dowie has signed up for the new season;

TSDX0057.jpg

The day he looks happy to be here is the day I stop supporting Andy Dowie.

Who will be next to join the Sons obliteration of League 1?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of an era. Sons Sorrow really did go full circle. May it rest in peace.

Good to see Dowie getting on-board first. He should be dominant in League 1.

Here's hoping we get some more signings soon!

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Boooooo.

Sons Sorrow 4 lyf.

It's time to move on, Kyle. Sorrow had a good innings, however it has served its purpose. Welcome change, welcome your new thread for all your St Johnsons news.

Excellent news that Dowie has signed up again. If, and I realise that it's a big if, Barr does the same, I must say I'd be nothing short of ecstatic at that central-defensive pairing for League One.

Andy Dowie was excellent for us this season, and latterly was winning everything in the air and very rarely got caught too badly. Great news he's signed up.

#wonderfulwednesday

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Right lads, I am now officially ridding ourselves of the Sons Sorrow thread. It's a new league, new chapter, new beginnings, so let's start with a positive OP.  Huge thanks go to @bigmacDFC for starting the Sorrow thread though, it basically kick started the best period of watching the Sons for me.

To get us off on a positive footing - Captain and serial killer impersonator, Andy Dowie has signed up for the new season;

TSDX0057.jpg

The day he looks happy to be here is the day I stop supporting Andy Dowie.

Who will be next to join the Sons obliteration of League 1?

Cheating to start it before gtf day.

This is strange.

*looks around, lightbulb appears*

"I know what will make this feel like home"

Anybody have their eyes set on a goalkeeper? Robbie Thomson would be my number one target without question, but I've no idea how realistic that is.

6 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Cheating to start it before gtf day.

I know, but IMO GTF day is far too late for no explicable reason and others have started theirs, so f**k it - I'm going for it.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This isn't a home, this is a holiday apartment. Maybe nice for a couple of weeks, but you'll start to miss the Sons Sorrow thread.

Image result for angry gif

20 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

This is strange.

Anybody have their eyes set on a goalkeeper? Robbie Thomson would be my number one target without question, but I've no idea how realistic that is.

Greg Fleming?

Hopefully Dowie signing will be the catalyst for some more signings/arrivals.

Whilst I know there will be a big financial hit in not retaining Championship status, it surely also eases the pressure on the wage bill and also takes a bit of the heat off the floodlight and maintenance issues?

Who knows what Brabco's (aka Wilson's) next move will be but in the meantime it looks like business as usual.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Greg Fleming?

Meh. Fantastic at penalties, terrible at crosses.

Is Conor Brennan a free agent? I noticed from his Twitter that he's an academy coach at Motherwell with Jamie. Would probably be looking for a consistent run of games for the first time in his career too - and was in the Raith team that got relegated. Ticking all our boxes.

Edit: BBPF's shout of McCrorie is a screamer actually. Believe he was excellent at Berwick - so I'd like to think that Durrant's staunchness could help tempt him to the Rock.

This is strange.

Who's he with/was he with last season? I can't say I know the name.

I wouldn't mind a punt on Rohan Ferguson, the lad from Motherwell, seems to be quite highly rated and had a loan spell last season too.

Who knows what Brabco's (aka Wilson's) next move will be but in the meantime it looks like business as usual.

Without wanting to bring the morale of the topic down a few notches in it's first page, let alone detract from what could be a splendid goalkeeper debate, there surely must become a point where Brabco state their intentions?

Do they stick (and thus invest a bit of money to enhance the club/product with selling in mind) or do they twist and spend more funds (do they have any?) on appealing the decision, thus leaving us in limbo/financial uncertainty for who knows how long?

4 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Who's he with/was he with last season? I can't say I know the name.

I wouldn't mind a punt on Rohan Ferguson, the lad from Motherwell, seems to be quite highly rated and had a loan spell last season too.

Falkirk. Was at Hamilton before that, but I remember him most from his time with Queen of the South and Cowdenbeath playing against us.

Would be excellent for us imo. Considerably better than Fleming, who's been at fault for goals almost every time I've seen him play against us over the past few seasons.

Archived