John brogan

cotter

55 minutes ago, rabbie said:

the wee rovers better hide there biscuit  tin

rabbie, you joined P&B 5 minutes before you posted this, tell us more or have you just joined to slur the man's character.

1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

rabbie, you joined P&B 5 minutes before you posted this, tell us more or have you just joined to slur the man's character.

what slur ? what are you talking about , do you know something  i dont . i know he likes to get  plenty  of cash  for players nothing  wrong with that  i was involved  at lanark so i know what im talking about,  he left us with a  pretty  poor  team  having  spent every penny  we had . so whats your problem 

5 minutes ago, rabbie said:

what slur ? what are you talking about , do you know something  i dont . i know he likes to get  plenty  of cash  for players nothing  wrong with that  i was involved  at lanark so i know what im talking about,  he left us with a  pretty  poor  team  having  spent every penny  we had . so whats your problem 

Doubt there will be any problem with money at Albion Rovers. 

8 hours ago, rabbie said:

His highest paid player at Lanark was Allan McCrum in his first season on £40 everyone else was on £20 or less. Lanark didn’t and don’t have any money . I think he inherited a very poor team at Lanark and I would agree they didn’t do much better there but with no money it is very difficult to entice players to Lanark as managers have also found it hard. I am sure he will give it his best shot and I wish him all the best.

8 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Doubt there will be any problem with money at Albion Rovers. 

Considering their annual income will dwarf that of almost any Junior team (£70,000 from SPFL alone plus their cup revenue and that's without considering gate receipts and sponsorship), we can lose track of how impoverished our own level is.

2 hours ago, dk81130 said:

His highest paid player at Lanark was Allan McCrum in his first season on £40 everyone else was on £20 or less. Lanark didn’t and don’t have any money . I think he inherited a very poor team at Lanark and I would agree they didn’t do much better there but with no money it is very difficult to entice players to Lanark as managers have also found it hard. I am sure he will give it his best shot and I wish him all the best.

tam McDonald and tony  McNally  didnt  do to badly ,  

45 minutes ago, rabbie said:

tam McDonald and tony  McNally  didnt  do to badly ,  

I think we both know that Lanark don’t have the money they had when these guys were there now. It is no coincidence that every manager since - Brian Johnstone, John brogan and Paul burns have all struggled to bring success and I fear Colin Slater may head the same way (I hope not)

He the guy that managed Armadale when the lottery money was sloshing around?

6 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Considering their annual income will dwarf that of almost any Junior team (£70,000 from SPFL alone plus their cup revenue and that's without considering gate receipts and sponsorship), we can lose track of how impoverished our own level is.

Remember the bad winter about 2010??? the media reports were the likes of Albion Rovers got an emergency payment of £13,000. 

Is that even National minimum wage for the hours the players are working or are they all amatuers?

1 hour ago, iceicebaby said:
7 hours ago, dk81130 said:

Is that even National minimum wage for the hours the players are working or are they all amatuers?

I'd imagine, like most clubs, it is expenses paid to players rather than a wage? May be wrong

Archived