Players you want your club to sell during the off season

20 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

pretty sure De Vries and Ciftci are out of contral thankfully

I'm pretty sure they are both under contract until 2019.  Ciftci certainly is as i remember being baffled when we gave him a 4 year deal back in 2015.

21 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Gamboa

Hayes

Sinclair

Sviatchenko

Allen

Bitton maybe

We’ll take Hayes and Allan off you. 

58 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm pretty sure they are both under contract until 2019.  Ciftci certainly is as i remember being baffled when we gave him a 4 year deal back in 2015.

Nadir was as baffled as you were.

8 minutes ago, d31 said:

Hayes and Allan will have countless Scottish clubs interested

I imagine it would have to be loan deals again as I can't imagine any teams being able to pay the wages they are currently on.  Allan would be a good fit most teams in the Premiership so Celtic would either need to pay him off to cut his contract short by a year or send him on loan

On 21/05/2018 at 17:20, Zing. said:

Steven Whittaker and Simon Murray are the two main ones I can think of. Whittaker can’t run anymore and Murray has little quality but works hard. 

I raise you Stevie Smith, he's been booted into the sea by us.......  he spent so much time in the treatment room, he started paying council tax.

Last I heard he was waiting on a call from Alan Archibald :thumsup2

I'd accept if we moved on Carl McHugh and Elliott Frear.

I don't know if the captaincy is too much of  a burden on McHugh or not, but he's nowhere near the player he was in his first season.  With the emergence of Allan Campbell, and the likes of Grimshaw & Rose in there, I'd be looking to replace him with a more creative midfielder (Bigi, if possible).

Frear hasn't kicked on either.  To be fair, he's had injuries and there's no real place for him in the formation we play.  He'll never be a wing-back in a month of Sundays, so I'd say if we can move him on and bring in a proper left wing-back, it'll be good business. 

13 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Allan would be a good fit most teams in the Premiership

Only for teams in the top half.  He's too much of a luxury player for teams that need to defend a lot.

On 21/05/2018 at 23:02, DavieCFC said:

Gamboa

Hayes

Sinclair

Sviatchenko

Allen

Bitton maybe

Surely a bit harsh to include Hayes here. It seemed he was beginning to find some form before his leg break. I accept that could be an overly optimistic reading of the situation.

I'd punt pretty much a'body apart from King Dools, Edwards (energy and fitness will be a boon in the 1st div) , Erskine and Tam. I reckon Keown, if he stays, would be good in that league too, without having to babysit Devine. 

I'd want to keep Lawless too, but I reckon he'll go to St Mirren or Livi (he's a prem player now, I feel). 

On 21/05/2018 at 23:02, DavieCFC said:

Sinclair

No way.   Sinclair seems happy to sit on the bench as an impact sub.  I'm happy with that.  Hard to get really good players that don't strop when left out.

The others you mentioned should all move on.

Archived