Albion Rovers Season Tickets

Guest Landan Spiv
14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Opposite Morrison's. The housing scheme has a big stone carving on the road in saying "City Park". You'll see it when Rovers visit sometime next season. 

The Parsons Peebles factory was behind it. It burned down when Spartans were still playing at City Park and I can remember the smell of burnt building at one Spartans v City match (it wasn't the smell of the ref's ears burning when Tam Steven and Mickey Lawson were shouting at him either!) 

Tam Steven................. Future City Hall of famer. Saw him at a couple of games last season he's still a city man at heart 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clyde haven't played in the top division of Scottish football in 43 years. They've never played in the premier league, and the last time they were good they were effectively a different club.
There's more chance of them being overtaken by Cumbernauld Colts than of them troubling the full-time clubs ever again.

Since the turn of the millennium we were at one point the longest serving second tier club, were within one match of promotion to the premier league, knocked Celtic out of the Scottish Cup, took rangers to extra time at Ibrox and regularly got the better of clubs including Dundee, st Johnstone, thistle, Hamilton, st Mirren, Falkirk, Ross county etc.

Compare that to your shite clubs occasional forays into tier 3 and let’s talk about relevance.

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Since the turn of the millennium we were at one point the longest serving second tier club, were within one match of promotion to the premier league, knocked Celtic out of the Scottish Cup, took rangers to extra time at Ibrox and regularly got the better of clubs including Dundee, st Johnstone, thistle, Hamilton, st Mirren, Falkirk, Ross county etc.

Compare that to your shite clubs occasional forays into tier 3 and let’s talk about relevance.

You hang on to that. It can't be taken away from you.

And all for what? How many years you been here now?

3 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

They’ve won a title, played in the league above you for the majority of recent years, and been a horrendous refereeing decision away from a Scottish Cup semi-final. Meanwhile, you had to sign a rapist in order to save you from Lowland League football.

They’ve won a title, played in the league above you for the majority of recent years, and been a horrendous refereeing decision away from a Scottish Cup semi-final. Meanwhile, you had to sign a rapist in order to save you from Lowland League football.

Wonder how many extra £s they had to support that through not investing in their shit pit of a stadium and moving any cup ties of note to much bigger venues.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Why are there so many Clyde fans on a thread about Albion Rovers, and why are they so butthurt?

Clyde fans seem to think their club is, or ought to be, at the level of Hamilton Accies, Falkirk, Morton, but in reality in the past 40 years they've only had a short spell in that bracket. Their biggest crowd of the season was a whopping 804. Their peers are Forfar, Queen's Park, that kind of club, yet their fans have a unique sense of entitlement among the part-time SPFL clubs. I just don't understand how they think they can look down on Albion Rovers, who at least own their ground and don't play in a place with all the atmosphere of an out-of-town retail park.

What a lot of absolute pish

My fellow Clyde supporters who think league two beneath them because of our history do realise that Queen's Park have a far more prestigious past than ourselves? We've been here since 2010 we have no right to look down on anyone in this division.

Some of the Clyde supporters on P&B and at games are deluded to levels compatible to Sevco. For what's it worth I think we've a great shout of going up this year but are competing with teams at our level and are where we belong.

What has this got to do with Albion Rovers season tickets anyway?

28 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

My fellow Clyde supporters who think league two beneath them because of our history do realise that Queen's Park have a far more prestigious past than ourselves?

Great point, although in fairness I'll highlight the obvious before the usual itinerant suspects do...........QP's lack of success is largely self-inflicted by our choice to remain amateur so it's not necessarily a true comparism.

The rest of your post is spot on though and Clyde fans might have won the hearts and minds of non-Berwick supporters in this league had they displayed a little less arrogance during your tenure here.  Like you I suspect this will become irrelevant this season as you now have a chairman, manager and squad capable of getting you out of this division, but I anticipate that you'll depart the way you arrived, taking the opportunity to endlessly gloat about your success (the only thing more unbearable than a bad loser is a poor winner), but as you suggest let's draw a line under this for now and save it for the QP v Clyde match threads and return this one to its rightful owners.

You realise that's like 15 years ago lol nugget

They only got badwillie because nobody else wanted him, so its not like he wanted to go to clyde.It's a known fact that the rovers along with other clubs (including queens park and stirling) knocked the same rapist back before he decided Clyde was right for him

My fellow Clyde supporters who think league two beneath them because of our history do realise that Queen's Park have a far more prestigious past than ourselves? We've been here since 2010 we have no right to look down on anyone in this division.

Some of the Clyde supporters on P&B and at games are deluded to levels compatible to Sevco. For what's it worth I think we've a great shout of going up this year but are competing with teams at our level and are where we belong.

What has this got to do with Albion Rovers season tickets anyway?
Most sensible guy ever

On 15/06/2018 at 11:54, Chris_the_rover said:

It's a known fact that the rovers along with other clubs (including queens park and stirling) knocked the same rapist back before he decided Clyde was right for him

Really? What's your source for that "known fact" Chris as it's the first I've heard of the QP connection?

12 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Really? What's your source for that "known fact" Chris as it's the first I've heard of the QP connection?

Do you usually hear about every player whose agent contacts the club?

On 15/06/2018 at 11:56, Chris_the_rover said:

Made a fortune emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

And now that's gone and all you've got to show for it is a concrete staircase and a dinosaur manager who is signing low-level junior players. Sad!

18 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

And now that's gone and all you've got to show for it is a concrete staircase and a dinosaur manager who is signing low-level junior players. Sad!

Ah.........but it is OUR concrete staircase..................

Ah.........but it is OUR concrete staircase..................

Two money-spinning TV ties against rangers, another money-spinner cup tie against Celtic. All played in bigger stadia and all Albion Rovers have to show for it are seven steps of concrete.  

It's just a shame fans in the rest of the stadium can't see the pitch and the large covered terracing is unusable because they have allowed it to fall into disrepair.

I hope a couple of seasons in League one and pay what you want season tickets etc was worth it.

3 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Which part was it that confused you - the "known" bit or the "fact" part?

No, I don't usually hear about every player whose agent contacts the club, but I think I'd be on fairly solid ground if I suggested that both you and I would probably have heard if a high profile former Scotland internationalist had been linked with our respective clubs, let alone that it was  apparently a "known fact" to supporters of other clubs. Don't you think that's a reasonable stance to take?

So, your valued input notwithstanding, I still await Chris's response as to how he heard about this. If it was in the papers or other media then I'm not going to pick hairs about that being a "fact" (that would be good enough for me), but if it was a Portugese taxi driver that told him then I'd probably not be quite as trusting as Andy Roxburgh was!

Can't be arsed getting involved in all the nonsense above but what has happened to all the money Albion Rovers made from the cup games? It was only a few seasons back they were making a £10 grand donation to cash for kids.

Archived