inspector-montalbano

paulathame

1 hour ago, paulathame said:

inspector-montalbano  on iplayer

I think the old thread has died in the cull looked at my TV guide and it said it is a new series (number 5)

I haven’t watched it yet so don’t know if new stuff or not 

Aye, it's new. Only came out in Italy in February. Montalbano must be getting on a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Found this thread while looking for something else. Sad news recently that Andrea Camilleri died recently. He has written a final Montalbano book years ago that is with his lawyer for publication after his death, so I assume this will get made in the next few years. There are plenty of short stories they can still do and of course Young Montalbano (which seems to be on a haitus). This sad news came not long after the show paid tribute to the actor who played Dr Pasquano by scoffing some cannoli in the Commisariato.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Found this thread while looking for something else. Sad news recently that Andrea Camilleri died recently. He has written a final Montalbano book years ago that is with his lawyer for publication after his death, so I assume this will get made in the next few years. There are plenty of short stories they can still do and of course Young Montalbano (which seems to be on a haitus). This sad news came not long after the show paid tribute to the actor who played Dr Pasquano by scoffing some cannoli in the Commisariato.

Seemingly the final book contains Salvo's death. Hope I'm wrong.

New episodes are being made, we'll probably see them next year, I wish that if BBC 4 are going to show the repeats as they have these past few Saturday's, that they show them all in order of transmission. Recently BBC 4 has been showing all the series' of Cardinal and Peaky Blinders in the wee small hours, usually on a Sunday after midnight.

• 4 months later...

Showing the first episode ever, The Snack Thief, on BBC4 Iplayer. Hopefully they're showing them all again. On normal telly tomorrow night.

P.S. Livia's tits oot!

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
14 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Showing the first episode ever, The Snack Thief, on BBC4 Iplayer. Hopefully they're showing them all again. On normal telly tomorrow night.
P.S. Livia's tits oot!

Excellent. And not just for the (original) Livia's breasts. Although of course, I get to see rhen every day here in Vigata.

Looks like they have them all available for binge watching. Thought the first one was much tighter than the later ones, which got a bit lazy and played too much for laughs. Hope you're not too annoyed about your house being rented out as a hostel!