Another fixture moan

LT1878

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly cant see the season finishing on time. There is still a number of league games and play offs to fit in , not forgetting the Central Cup Ayrshire Cup and West of Scotland and the Evening times cup .  Beith for example could have 11 games left to play if they were to win the league and reach the finals of the cups they are still involved with.

I'm not sure of the state of play regards play offs etc but if teams are still involved in the later stages of the Central and West Cups it could further throw spanners in the works lol

There was absolutely no need to have play offs to decide on the make up of the 4 divisions in the west next season. The whole thing could have been decided in advance based on where teams finished in their respective leagues. Anyone who has ever watched the juniors end of season  pantomime could have predicted that multiple play offs would just enhance the lunacy. Additionally this must be the last ever outing for the Evening Times cup as an end of season tourney - please!

If the season does overrun, what's the situation with player contracts which typically expire around the 3rd saturday in June? Extensions on those lapsing? Can new players registered on Mon 18th be played...? Ok silly questions I'm sure but how tight is the rulebook?

If the season does overrun, what's the situation with player contracts which typically expire around the 3rd saturday in June? Extensions on those lapsing? Can new players registered on Mon 18th be played...? Ok silly questions I'm sure but how tight is the rulebook?

Same rules would apply I presume?
As the current season has not completed. Not as if a new season had started.

28 minutes ago, juventus said:

but if the players registrations have expired (and some will)...  not sure how straight-forward it is to just say 'ach they have another week to go'. With cup ties especially, rules are pretty tight who can and cannot play. And some clubs love a protest. The season would need to be specially extended in that eventuality anyway though as it is in black and white that it ceases to be on 3rd Sat in June (though can be amended).

You could also have the scenario where Club A has got potential free agent Player X ready to be signed up as of 17/6 but Club B want to extend his contract beyond that to play out the season.

Dont vote for the status quo on the Committee, badger your own committee to vote for new blood. Can't believe every person/team who moans about the fixtures actually voted against SR. Grow a pair and get him out. Every year it's the same old same old. He even forgot we had a game left last season

This is mad, so we have league fixtures feasibly going on til 9th June then playoffs the central cup hasnt even had semi finals yet and then theres the evening times cup to go? Then next year we’ve the same amount of cups, more league games and TJ thinks he could administer a west pyramid feeder that requires play offs first week of may? Haha. Sympathies for the clubs who will have a 2 day pre season.

Can't overrun,must be finished by 15th,even if teams have to play every day or twice a day as used to happen back in the day!

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

This is mad, so we have league fixtures feasibly going on til 9th June then playoffs the central cup hasnt even had semi finals yet and then theres the evening times cup to go? Then next year we’ve the same amount of cups, more league games and TJ thinks he could administer a west pyramid feeder that requires play offs first week of may? Haha. Sympathies for the clubs who will have a 2 day pre season.

You forget the West too. Cup number will go down though, even if fixture volume does not.

They have extended the season in the past. Into boring old fart territory but I know the 3rd Saturday in June rule applied back in 1991 as I read a report in the paper about (?) applying to have the season extended to get the West of Scotland Cup semi final (17th) and final (22nd)  played. I also remember Beith (possibly the season after) playing up to about the 30th June.

They have extended the season in the past. Into boring old fart territory but I know the 3rd Saturday in June rule applied back in 1991 as I read a report in the paper about (?) applying to have the season extended to get the West of Scotland Cup semi final (17th) and final (22nd)  played. I also remember Beith (possibly the season after) playing up to about the 30th June.

Correct

Total shambles !! Can’t tell you the last time Largs played a league game & now looks like they’ll run into a Sunday in June....no doubt a game that will decide the fate of a number of clubs, not just theirs  Again, SHAMBLES !

19 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Its all very well for Beith, or anyone else, to continue their season until the twelth of never or whenever. But what about the teams they have to play? They could quite rightly refuse to play beyond the end of the season as currently set up. Presumably they would be awarded a walkover and win a cup or league title by default. Talk about bringing the game into disrepute, junior football under the SJFA/West Region is already a laughing stock, this could finish it altogether.

20 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

I'm not denying that or arguing it - the rule book (rule 6) says that the season can be amended - I am saying that player contracts will in some cases be expiring between the change of seasons. That is nothing to do with the WRSJFA's hopeless fixture scheduling. Contracts are an SFA concern. I don't see how that is easily resolved.

Considering ek & thorniewood pulled out of the central league cup cause they couldn't raise a team Shambles I would consider the league to be more important than this cup yet u can play  3 trialists which affects All league positions Joke

16 minutes ago, nicotina said:

Considering ek & thorniewood pulled out of the central league cup cause they couldn't raise a team Shambles I would consider the league to be more important than this cup yet u can play  3 trialists which affects All league positions Joke

You can start with 4 and name others on the bench.

Archived