Another fixture moan

LT1878

There can only be a couple of weeks of the season left, so why the hell not do we have fixtures from now until the end of the season!

Teams looking to confirm play off places and then play the play off games!

By default it looks like we’ll have a same day decider for the super premier league title through no thanks to the fixture man!

To have 3rd round ties of a cup competition still to be played is a disgrace!

To have fixtures only until next Saturday is an embarrassment!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pheasant plucker said:

Anyone aware of how much our esteemed officials are paid for the wonderful job they do?

I don't think it's a particularly illustrious remuneration package which is probably why they haven't managed to attract someone competent. 

Someone will correct me if this isn't right but I'm sure I read it was only about £7,000 p/a. Basically a part time job. 

I don't think it's a particularly illustrious remuneration package which is probably why they haven't managed to attract someone competent. 
Someone will correct me if this isn't right but I'm sure I read it was only about £7,000 p/a. Basically a part time job. 
7k is a nice wee supplement to a pension especially as if you're over 65 it's not subject to NI. Add to that free football with hospitality, even if it's only tea and biscuits then it mounts up. IMO it's the Kudos rather than the money that drives those who won't give it up.

12 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:
1 hour ago, Shanner said:

7k is a nice wee supplement to a pension especially as if you're over 65 it's not subject to NI. Add to that free football with hospitality, even if it's only tea and biscuits then it mounts up. IMO it's the Kudos rather than the money that drives those who won't give it up.

it's exactly that though - a top up so it's going to attract only a certain type of applicant. 

£7k, honestly?

Christ, I'll do it for £2k and all the biscuits I can eat.

I was against a full fixture list especially with the movement to 16 team league but having sat down without a computer I managed to do a complete fixture list with about 10 weeks for fixture catch ups without having the 6 weeks of 4 games a week I know it’s all dependant on the weather and Scottish cup so if I can do it then guys with more experience than me should have no problems

7 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

I was against a full fixture list especially with the movement to 16 team league but having sat down without a computer I managed to do a complete fixture list with about 10 weeks for fixture catch ups without having the 6 weeks of 4 games a week I know it’s all dependant on the weather and Scottish cup so if I can do it then guys with more experience than me should have no problems

I disagree. Take Wishae as an example. Their fixtures have been dreadfully affected by weather. That has a knock on effect with others. I’m doubtful it’s as easy as you think. 

I disagree. Take Wishae as an example. Their fixtures have been dreadfully affected by weather. That has a knock on effect with others. I’m doubtful it’s as easy as you think. 

I said weather and Scottish cup dependant as most people know and have said on here that the Scottish shud be moved that’s a no brainier and with the east haemorrhaging clubs the west are in such a strong position now to try and force such changes through for the good of our game and how often does a team ie wishaw have 13 Scottish postponements and throw in a couple of replays in the Scottish. The problem is our fixture guru isn’t proactive enough

1 hour ago, classof2010 said:

I said weather and Scottish cup dependant as most people know and have said on here that the Scottish shud be moved that’s a no brainier and with the east haemorrhaging clubs the west are in such a strong position now to try and force such changes through for the good of our game and how often does a team ie wishaw have 13 Scottish postponements and throw in a couple of replays in the Scottish. The problem is our fixture guru isn’t proactive enough

The word dependant being the overriding factor.

Some interesting proposals being considered that might cut down the effect of weather and Scottish Cup on the League fixtures

The word dependant being the overriding factor.
Some interesting proposals being considered that might cut down the effect of weather and Scottish Cup on the League fixtures

The weather is always going to the big issue I was biggest opponent to full list but I now think it’s only way forward and moving the Scottish would make the full list easily workable allowing the chance for clubs to sell sponsorship and packages for individual games and also a chance to get major sponsors back into our game

3 hours ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

It won't be that next season surely?
The job's being split between 2.

It's only getting split between 2 people because the current incumbent is completely fucking shite at it. It's a 1 man job simple as that 

Archived