Is Junior Football to Cheap?

parkcircus

On 19/05/2018 at 22:08, Glenconner said:

Pollok, at the top end of the Juniors, cost me roughly £15 for a day out but that would include admission, programme, raffle ticket, pie and bovril etc. You don't need to buy a programme and or raffle tickets. And i could always do a Larkhall day out and take a packed lunch.

I always put £20 by for an away game, depends on who i meet. Seen me arriving back with only the admission money spent.

I followed a Senior team for years and the costs started to go into the thousands at the end up. A lot of that would be away travel in Europe. You wouldn't have change out of £500 for a one day trip to somewhere like Paris. 

Our pubs have windows

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Be careful what you wish for
Nothing lasts forever
Hopefully we actually see you and the larkhall fans at our ground next season and your free to use our facilities

Well, its  lasted as long as St Rochs have existed, they have never won at Larkhall.

And plenty Larkie fans visited  St Rochs often seeing few locals until the recent resurgence with its tie-ups.

Well, its  lasted as long as St Rochs have existed, they have never won at Larkhall.
And plenty Larkie fans visited  St Rochs often seeing few locals until the recent resurgence with its tie-ups.
I will remind you of this next season when we get our first ever win there then .
No tie ups simply folk working hard behind the scenes trying to offer folk a great day out watching good football in a proper old football ground and so far so good so why not come and experience it for yourself am sure you will be well looked after by Glenconner

On 18/05/2018 at 18:47, passbackdave said:

Has any junior clubs ever done the "pay what you can" at there home games? Remember albion rovers doing it 3 year ago n doubling there gate there chairman said it was a sucess.

Mon the papers

I spoke with a board member when they won the League 2 title, said it was a disaster for them.  Surprised me, but it sounded like it caused all sorts of problems.  Just seeing the replies further up.  :)

22 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

I will remind you of this next season when we get our first ever win there then .
No tie ups simply folk working hard behind the scenes trying to offer folk a great day out watching good football in a proper old football ground and so far so good so why not come and experience it for yourself am sure you will be well looked after by Glenconner

Been there many times before, even in the days of the old ash park.

One of the few places never really feel comfortable, too many tales to tell

Archived