Is Junior Football to Cheap?

parkcircus

lok next season ticket 15 league games £90  2 league cup  games £12  + entry to any pre season friendlies

+ access to agm  for £125.      was £100 this season for 11 league games + 2 league cup ties etc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Kilwinning Rangers do t charge kids with an Adult and Dalry give under 14s free burger and chips.

I had this debate on here a few years back. Giving free fatty food to weans isn’t the way ahead imo. I can see what they’re thinking but there are better incentives than that.

9 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I had this debate on here a few years back. Giving free fatty food to weans isn’t the way ahead imo. I can see what they’re thinking but there are better incentives than that.

I'd like tae agree 100% (I really dae) but I cannae forget I have THREE scotch pies a game...

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I'm not going to lie. I'm very impressed. 

Had four at Beith in 2006. Only 12 stone, amazingly. 

Off topic I know, but as much as I try to encourage healthy lifestyles with the young fans and youth teams, me eating a barrel-load, plus drink being Man of the Match awards, undermine that a bit.

3 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Had four at Beith in 2006. Only 12 stone, amazingly. 

Off topic I know, but as much as I try to encourage healthy lifestyles with the young fans and youth teams, me eating a barrel-load, plus drink being Man of the Match awards, undermine that a bit.

Ah'd be documentary fat if I had more than the odd one sadly. 

Pollok, at the top end of the Juniors, cost me roughly £15 for a day out but that would include admission, programme, raffle ticket, pie and bovril etc. You don't need to buy a programme and or raffle tickets. And i could always do a Larkhall day out and take a packed lunch.

I always put £20 by for an away game, depends on who i meet. Seen me arriving back with only the admission money spent.

I followed a Senior team for years and the costs started to go into the thousands at the end up. A lot of that would be away travel in Europe. You wouldn't have change out of £500 for a one day trip to somewhere like Paris. 

On 19 May 2018 at 17:54, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its too cheap when clubs have people with committee passes getting in for sfa even though they arent all committee. Heard one guy get challenged ‘how big is your committee’ when he showed his pass and his reply was ‘you should take it up with the committee guys then’.

I know more than a few committee folk who have never used a SJFA card ever.

I know more than a few committee folk who have never used a SJFA card ever.

Yes same, there are some guys on committees who pay week in etc and thats got to be commended, but it seems there are some other clubs who just give the passes out to all and sundry. What i’d like to see is the region doing photo passes, I think in todays age of modern technology thats not too hard.

lok next season ticket 15 league games £90  2 league cup  games £12  + entry to any pre season friendlies
+ access to agm  for £125.      was £100 this season for 11 league games + 2 league cup ties etc

What happens if the league cup is done away with next season ? Or becomes knockout ?

Its too cheap when clubs have people with committee passes getting in for sfa even though they arent all committee. Heard one guy get challenged ‘how big is your committee’ when he showed his pass and his reply was ‘you should take it up with the committee guys then’.
Free entry with committee passes is limited to 10 per match apparently. I've never heard of it being implemented though.

Pollok, at the top end of the Juniors, cost me roughly £15 for a day out but that would include admission, programme, raffle ticket, pie and bovril etc. You don't need to buy a programme and or raffle tickets. And i could always do a Larkhall day out and take a packed lunch.
I always put £20 by for an away game, depends on who i meet. Seen me arriving back with only the admission money spent.
I followed a Senior team for years and the costs started to go into the thousands at the end up. A lot of that would be away travel in Europe. You wouldn't have change out of £500 for a one day trip to somewhere like Paris. 
We have new pies for you to try next season,when you visit,no need for a packed lunch [emoji3][emoji481][emoji3][emoji481][emoji3][emoji481]

We played a team in a hastly arranged friendly during winter due to match postponements

We charged £2 to cover ref and getting kits washed and folk still played the committee card .

I would do away with that and hospitality completely except for if your playing a team which say have travelled down from up north then yes lay on a spread and a beer for the club management and players before there long journey home .

We played a team in a hastly arranged friendly during winter due to match postponements

We charged £2 to cover ref and getting kits washed and folk still played the committee card .

I would do away with that and hospitality completely except for if your playing a team which say have travelled down from up north then yes lay on a spread and a beer for the club management and players before there long journey home .

Its nice to finally agree with you on something!

Ive not got a problem tbf with as id said before a small amount of comp passes being given out but at £5/6 an away game its not that much, no problem with a wee cuppa and a half time pie either.

Has anyone ever done any basic market research on non-league/ Junior supporters? It would be interesting to see the median/ range of incomes and how much they spend on match days (at the game, plus before and after). My hunch is that lots of Junior fans are on very low incomes - Pension Credit, disability benefits, zero-hours contracts, that kind of thing. I don't think many clubs have all that many dyed-in-the-wool fans, and a good proportion of those who are will be on committees, so price sensitivity could be high. It's probably better to keep gate prices low and have other ways of getting money out of people once they're in the ground.

IMO free entry for kids doesn't achieve much. Maybe it does in the most deprived communities, I don't know. But I think there's a psychological value in paying something, just a quid, that makes people value it a bit more and take it a little more seriously. From what I've seen, what appeals to kids is the chance to get on the park, or to kick a ball about themselves. 

Is there much money to be made in programmes? They seem to be much more common in the west than the east. Any reason for this (other than that east coasters are stingy? ;))

There is a huge range in how well clubs sell merchandise. Most have nothing, some like Linlithgow Rose have a table out in better weather (some good stuff though), while at the other end you've got clubs like Clydebank with excellent wee club shops in the ground. 

How much do clubs share information on their revenue, and ideas on generating more? Or what they've tried that didn't work?

One of the big gaps may be around the sale of season tickets. I got one once, but I don't know any of the committee guys and I'm not particularly social, so I'd rather just buy one online than try to find the right person early enough in the season to make it worthwhile. If they sold season tickets online and through direct debit, a lot of folk would just let it roll one year to the next. They could sell them at the gate when you enter, with the admission fee that day knocked off, like the National Trust for Scotland and Historic Scotland do. Maybe the clubs come come together to have a joint portal, like the SRU do through Ticketmaster for sales of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Scotland season passes.

On 21/05/2018 at 22:49, griffiti on the wall said:

You banned us from your pie stall last season tho you did put portable toilets in a field for us emoji23.pngemoji23.png

That would be a novelty for you.

One day you might win at Larkhall, im 63 and its not happened yet

Archived