West Region play offs.

garrellburn

Time to start a thread about the play offs. I fancy the bottom two in the Premier will be in the first division next season no matter who they meet, the momentum is with the teams scrapping for 5th and 6th in the !st division who are currently enjoying decent runs.

Also the bottom two in the 1st will also go down, Maryhill and Shettleston are incapable of turning round their recent poor form and will go down. Your thoughts please.

Girvan are a stuffy side who could quite easily grind out a result against a lesser side with not as much firepower as some of the bigger sides they’ve faced this season
Arthurlie I really worry about. I can honestly see them sinking like a stone & doing a Johnstone Burgh

Arthurlie are in freefall and the players don't seem to have the stomach for the fight.  They have a few players who wouldn't cut it in the lower leagues and any of the teams they meet in the playoffs will run over the top of them.  Quite a few people baffled by Ogilvies tactics and they are starting to turn against him.  Girvan , as someone has said are a stuffy outfit and wont be as easy to beat as Arthurlie but i still see both going down.  

2 hours ago, Satori. said:

Arthurlie are in freefall and the players don't seem to have the stomach for the fight.  They have a few players who wouldn't cut it in the lower leagues and any of the teams they meet in the playoffs will run over the top of them.  Quite a few people baffled by Ogilvies tactics and they are starting to turn against him.  Girvan , as someone has said are a stuffy outfit and wont be as easy to beat as Arthurlie but i still see both going down.  

We shouldn't even bother with the play offs.

It would be too much of an inconvenience for some players.

Having watched Talbot and Girvan during the week , they'll make it tough for any team in the play-off . Held their own for 80 minutes against a very good Talbot team until Talbots relentless pressure paid off .

23 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Arthurlie have the look of a side that could do with a season of transition in the lower league. Quite a few teams have came up and done very well in their comeback season. 

Our season of 'transition' would probably be another relegation.

Arthurlie have the look of a side that could do with a season of transition in the lower league. Quite a few teams have came up and done very well in their comeback season. 

They’ll still be a few quality sides in the division so I wouldn’t say it’s a given that they’d come right back up, in fact I’d be surprised if they did. Arthurlie have been struggling for a few seasons in the top league, some time in the lower division could allow them to try to get players in that would play for the club, and not for the big money they’d expect in the top division

I’m talking bout going down for 1 season then coming back and challenging for major honours straight away half the ones you quoted didn’t do that

However they all came down to this league and went back up in a stronger state than before they were relegated.

Totally agree with this. Too many players not got the balls for a fight. Would be a major miracle to stay in the league. Really hard to watch this side.

8 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Time to start a thread about the play offs. I fancy the bottom two in the Premier will be in the first division next season no matter who they meet, the momentum is with the teams scrapping for 5th and 6th in the !st division who are currently enjoying decent runs.

Also the bottom two in the 1st will also go down, Maryhill and Shettleston are incapable of turning round their recent poor form and will go down. Your thoughts please.

Maryhill and Shettleston are gone. No coming back from week after week of disappointment. 

Archived