Deadly animal experiences

6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I was playing golf in Oz once and ask skills are rather agricultural, I sliced a shot over the barbed wire fence and into the long grass. As a tight Scotsman, I was over the fence and searching for said ball. Big f**k off brown snake was about a metre from me, ripped my golf slacks as I was hurdling the barbed fence. Never played golf in Oz again.

^^^^

B554A5E4-AEA5-475C-AD63-AE0F6DD2A8B8.jpeg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sjc said:

Is the alkaseltser (sp) thing a myth?

I fucking hate seagulls and the thought of feeding them alkaseltser and their stomach exploding is appealing! 

Apparently what does work on seagulls if ever on a ferry is tear off a corner of a sandwich, place a 2p inside and throw it in the air, a diving seagull will try to swallow it, coin sticks in throat  and they do a wonderful impersonation of a Messerschmidt 110 barreling into the Channel as seen in many a classic WWII movie. This was never seen or done on school trips in Ayrshire many years ago on the Arran or Millport ferries, and is just rumoured to work.

Back to deadly animals, a deer may not sound deadly but it can kill your car in an impressive manner if one of the daft b*****ds runs into the road in front of you.

At least pheasants just explode in a cloud of feathers and bunnies just go pop if you hit them with your car, deer can right off the car.

14 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

At least pheasants just explode in a cloud of feathers and bunnies just go pop if you hit them with your car, deer can right off the car.

I killed a pheasant in the car the other day. Unfortunately my daughter, wife and mother (3 separate people in case you were planning some Fife incest jokes) and they all had a go at me for it. c***s. 

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I killed a pheasant in the car the other day. Unfortunately my daughter, wife and mother (3 separate people in case you were planning some Fife incest jokes) and they all had a go at me for it. c***s. 

Most days you can't help it, daft buggers run out, stop, dart left, dart right then run up the road away from you,

Stupid suicical nutjobs

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It was probably the reversing back and running over it 3 times that irked them.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It was probably the reversing back and running over it 3 times that irked them.

Mum - "You were driving too fast" - was doing 40 in a 40 limit
Wife - "Ha ha you're vegetarian and you killed an animal"
Daughter - "I hate you dad why are you so stupid?"

Etc etc

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Etc etc

Sounds like a regular day out tbf.

(apart from being a veggie obvs)

(and my maws deid)

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Etc etc

You should have swerved away into an oncoming lorry just to show them.

Etc etc

40 is the maximum mind, no the minimum. Slow down coulthard.
Yer no vegetarian, you’re a fad, bandwagon fud.
I have no qualms with your daughters point.

Closest I’ve got is walking into the path of a New Zealand Sea Lion. Don’t think I would describe him as deadly, but he was fucking massive and very angry. He’d have torn my arm off if he had got anywhere near me.

On this note, I've also accidentally jumped onto an Atlantic Seal before.  

I was scrambling along the north coast and instead of landing on sand on the other side of a ledge, I landed onto a big f*** off monster of the sea (opposite side of Loch Eriboll from their breeding ground there... during mating season).  Thankfully for yours truly, the thing turned out to be dead but I never knew this at the time as it was so fresh that a good vet could have got it moving again.  I won't lie, I was absolutely s***ing it at the time as seals can be pretty nasty (plus I'd be pretty raging if somebody randomly jumped on me whilst bathing on a secluded beach). 

Wasn't the first dead one I'd encountered, but you can usually smell the rotten older ones a mile off.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

On this note, I've also accidentally jumped onto an Atlantic Seal before.  

I was scrambling along the north coast and instead of landing on sand on the other side of a ledge, I landed onto a big f*** off monster of the sea (opposite side of Loch Eriboll from their breeding ground there... during mating season).  Thankfully for yours truly, the thing turned out to be dead but I never knew this at the time as it was so fresh that a good vet could have got it moving again.  I won't lie, I was absolutely s***ing it at the time as seals can be pretty nasty (plus I'd be pretty raging if somebody randomly jumped on me whilst bathing on a secluded beach). 

Wasn't the first dead one I'd encountered, but you can usually smell the rotten older ones a mile off.

Could its tragic demise be anything to do with you jumping on it?

Archived