Have you ever found yourself in a pickle?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

has to be pickled jalapenos IMO. great munch straight from the jar.

Pickled Jalapenos are nice but Banana Wax Peppers are the best.

Serrano peppers are good as well.

I also like picked Habanero peppers but these have to be used cautiously, usually sliced up a little with a piece of Cheddar, or in scrambled eggs.

Pickled onions..the wee silverskin ones,but served one at a time on top of a spoon of vanilla ice cream.

Try it,and you won't be disappointed...lots of contrast.There's sweet and sour,crunchy and smooth textures,and warm(room temp) and cold.

Yummy

Pickled onions..the wee silverskin ones,but served one at a time on top of a spoon of vanilla ice cream.
Try it,and you won't be disappointed...lots of contrast.There's sweet and sour,crunchy and smooth textures,and warm(room temp) and cold.
Yummy

Onions on ice cream...OFTW.

Anyone tried pickled pig's feet? The wean's mad for the pickles and loves ham, so I've been meaning to see if the two can be combined to his approval.

Pickled Jalapenos are nice but Banana Wax Peppers are the best.
Serrano peppers are good as well.
I also like picked Habanero peppers but these have to be used cautiously, usually sliced up a little with a piece of Cheddar, or in scrambled eggs.
thanks fpr the culinary education i will try. do common supermarkets stock these or will i have to go hunting?

38 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Anyone tried pickled pig's feet? The wean's mad for the pickles and loves ham, so I've been meaning to see if the two can be combined to his approval.

Go for ears first, you can get more in a pickle jar.

Spoiler

They are the most disgusting thing I've tried to eat. 

Go for ears first, you can get more in a pickle jar.
Spoiler They are the most disgusting thing I've tried to eat. 

i reckon you are correct and ears are the way yo go. you get more ears in a standard jar than feet so better value for money as well

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Pigs ears (unpickled) are good.

You fucking pervert. The ones I had were hairy and you could see the lobes. Pure gristle and the most disgusting thing I've tried to eat after whelks, rubber with puss bursting out in the middle.

Archived