Have you ever found yourself in a pickle?

A recent visit to the chipper (controversial), I found myself in a quandary, “pickled onion or pickled egg” I was asking myself, not out loud, as that would attract unwanted attention from the type of fatties that fish & chip bars attract.

That got me thinking, what’s my favourite pickle? I was astounded to realise, I didn’t know...

So my further research has revealed my top 4 pickles are.

1. Piccalilli - it’s the combination of cauliflower & onion that seal the deal. Excellent with gammon (cold).

2. Ginger- great with Sushi

3. Onions- tops off every supper from the chippy (mixing it up). Just lovely.

4. Herring- what a great way to preserve a really fridge unfriendly product, sometimes the picklers also remove the bones.

There are lots more pickles to get your heads round.

I believe that Jeffery Dahmer liked pickled heads & cocks.

A lady I knew liked pickled mussels! That didn’t last long.

So, what’s your favourite pickle?

If you don’t like this thread, check out my “Who’s toes are these” thread on the Div 1 forum.

Get chatting.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart arse.

It’s not my fault you’re not as quick thinking as I. I have offered you a genuine solution which will see you have a better experience in future. Most people would say thanks. I’m hurt, Mr Blades [emoji17]

It’s not my fault you’re not as quick thinking as I. I have offered you a genuine solution which will see you have a better experience in future. Most people would say thanks. I’m hurt, Mr Blades [emoji17]

I apologise unreservedly my T brother, I got all hot headed when I typed that. Please accept my greatest sorrow.

Silverskin onions all the way nice crisp onions lovely jubbly.Bit of beetroot on the plate wouldn't go a miss either,it has to be Baxters though that family are the Beetroot legends.

Archived