Magnificent names archive

1 hour ago, beesher said:

Capture.PNG

:lol:

i particularly like the scrolling pics across the bottom which suggest that the Cunto family tree might include Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein and sundry other bearded luminaries !

can just imagine the Gettysburg Address being delivered to a hushed, rapt audience by Abraham Cunto - much sniggering in the back row....

or the Nobel Prize committee - "Look, Albert, the stuff about relativity and light and what have you is great, really insightful, but you may have to rethink that surname before we give you any awards...."

5 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

i particularly like the scrolling pics across the bottom which suggest that the Cunto family tree might include Abraham Lincoln, Albert Einstein and sundry other bearded luminaries !

can just imagine the Gettysburg Address being delivered to a hushed, rapt audience by Abraham Cunto - much sniggering in the back row....

or the Nobel Prize committee - "Look, Albert, the stuff about relativity and light and what have you is great, really insightful, but you may have to rethink that surname before we give you any awards...."

At least we now know what the c stands for in Albert’s famous equation.

14 hours ago, Eednud said:

US Olympic swimming gold medalist Misty Hyman deserves a mention.

IMG_0484.jpg

Plus musn’t leave behind Dean and Josh Windass.

Misty- wid. 

Dean and Josh- maybe no. 

Footballers with odd geographical names always interested me. Not common names like "Hamilton" or "Livingston" but strange ones like Justin Edinburgh or Paul Kirkcaldy. 

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Misty- wid. 

Dean and Josh- maybe no. 

Footballers with odd geographical names always interested me. Not common names like "Hamilton" or "Livingston" but strange ones like Justin Edinburgh or Paul Kirkcaldy. 

Willie Kilmarnock played for Motherwell when they won the Cup in 1952.  Wonder if he wore a bunnet?

Sean Dundee.