Rossvale juniors fc

ROSS-THISTLE-76

1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

I’m sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Lying is a strong word to use. 

I agree. Whatever the moans Port Glasgow have, it’s not unreasonable to expect a junior football to fulfil a fixture on a may saturday.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Homelessglasgow said:

This is the Port Glasgow side of the story and it is very different from what Rossvale are alleging.  

contacted rossvale committee  last Thursday asking if game could be played Monday Wednesday

was rossvale manager who insisted this would be played on Saturday. 

contacted sjfa  , explained why we could not play on Saturday as only 6 players avialable , due to wedding and communion for players to attend .

Explained rossvales response and was told by sjfa that game would be changed this was on Friday last week. and would be played Saturday 26th 

contacted sjfa on Monday and was told by sjfa game is going ahead as they had been informed our players were attending  Scottish cup game CFCvs Mfc.  I went absolute mental and also informed of clubs having a free week recently st Rochs and Benburb 

without been disrespectful too the above clubs  .  Was told meeting between sjfa  then they would make decision.

We could not fulfill the Saturday fixture  but push came to shove we would have taken 

this all the way  and  appealed rather than give up to a 3-0  win for not playing .

also  it's incredible that we have a 3G pitch and have not played in the last 2 weeks 

when this fixture could have been played , 

Port  Glasgow in the 10 years I have been here have never asked for a game to be postponed  or to have a free week ,  played with 4 Trialist no subs  . 

Accomodated most teams in reversing fixtures due to parks not been playable  through out the bad weather we have  in the season.

changing fixture time for teams to arrive midweek . 

Rossvale are lying and not not even telling half the story. But then what should we expect from such a murky club with their practice of overcharging children for boys football. 

Rossvale Academy nothing to do with the Juniors ....academy contributes £0 to them

11 minutes ago, BS7 said:

I agree. Whatever the moans Port Glasgow have, it’s not unreasonable to expect a junior football to fulfil a fixture on a may saturday.

That's true, but precedents have been set in the past. Port Glasgow maybe look a bit amateurish, but that's better than being a virtue signalling, claimer of the moral high ground.

58 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

You are obviously in the know more than me. I can only talk about Rossvale based on conversations with players and I will be disappointed if you are right. 

In the know or mischief making before the game ?? I'm sure if there was anything further to "know" then we would have been told by "The man in the know" . As appose to the slandourous accusations about the costs charged by the  B.C set up which have absolutely nothing, I repeat absolutely nothing to do with the Juniors. 

24 minutes ago, DanMan said:

In the know or mischief making before the game ?? I'm sure if there was anything further to "know" then we would have been told by "The man in the know" . As appose to the slandourous accusations about the costs charged by the  B.C set up which have absolutely nothing, I repeat absolutely nothing to do with the Juniors. 

As you used my quote in your argument Can I just point out that it wasn’t me who made the “slanderous accusations”. 

11 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

As you used my quote in your argument Can I just point out that it wasn’t me who made the comment about “slanderous accusations”. 

Sorry mate, just wanted to use your "in the know" quote as I am sure if he was in the know we would all know. Was that too many "knows", no 

Oh the banter .... all will be resolved Friday nite .... 

love a stir with wooden sooon but Rossvale and bens had advantage in one more game than any other by both not playin forth at kings hill  regardless of the result in respective matches in fact out of top 4 neilston are only team to play at every proper away venue  as roch played at k park ...

but end of the 28 league campaign the table doesn’t lie who ever is top of pile deserves it ... unfortunately won’t be us we went off boil n only hv self’s to blame and hv other ambitions now in the race for 4th 

congrats to the top 3 as they all held there nerve 

2 hours ago, DanMan said:

Who said the boys club money had anything to do with the Juniors? Not me. I just think charging young boys £10 a week is pretty shocking. A team who do that would have no problem making up bullshit here. 

It is important for everyone to know that your claims of sporting integrity were false, and the back slapping in this thread was stopped. Rossvale wouldn't accommodate Port Glasgow and the offer of forfeited three points  was in your minds alone.  

Who said the boys club money had anything to do with the Juniors? Not me. I just think charging young boys £10 a week is pretty shocking. A team who do that would have no problem making up bullshit here. 

It is important for everyone to know that your claims of sporting integrity were false, and the back slapping in this thread was stopped. Rossvale wouldn't accommodate Port Glasgow and the offer of forfeited three points  was in your minds alone.  

£10 a week for training and games seems reasonable. Iv a daughter who dances two nights a weeks and costs us over 20 quid

4 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

I think you are completely missing the point. The youth set up has nothing to do with the junior set up. Like nothing. Plus I think a tenner a week is decent value, given the kit, pitch, coaching. Seriously you are calling a tenner a rip off?,  I was paying that 10 years ago when my boy was a BCPlayer

2 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I think you are completely missing the point. The youth set up has nothing to do with the junior set up. Like nothing. Plus I think a tenner a week is decent value, given the kit, pitch, coaching. Seriously you are calling a tenner a rip off?,  I was paying that 10 years ago when my boy was a BCPlayer

Kit is sponsored and coaches volunteer. Seems like a lot to train if you ask me. 

2 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

In an area like the North of Glasgow it isn't reasonable. 

Absolute pish mate. Wont get into the politics of it. But if some parents maybe laid off the drink and went to work.  And if thats not posible its a government issue, they should subsidise football. It is however absolutely nothing to do with Rossvale Juniors. Which is totally , I say again totally seperate from the BC. Yet you try and score points .. lessens your arguement. Still don't let the facts get in the way of your arguement

1 minute ago, Homelessglasgow said:

In an area like the North of Glasgow it isn't reasonable. 

It's Bishopbriggs, not the Central African Republic. If folk didn't want to pay it, they wouldn't. 

If the cash was subsiding  the junior team, then yeah, that's wrong. If it isn't and there's no connection , it's not.

5 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Kit is sponsored and coaches volunteer. Seems like a lot to train if you ask me. 

All kits are sponsored mate in every club my boys have ever played. How much do you think Huntershill costs ?  Rossvale dont own it. Honestly you are making not much of an arguement 

Archived