Rossvale juniors fc

ROSS-THISTLE-76

New date for final league fixture:

We would like to clarify our position and the reasons for the revised fixture date for our final league game of the season to ensure complete transparency.

We had originally (for a number of reasons) rejected a request from Port Glasgow to move the fixture from the Saturday 19th May date set by the West Region, the main ones being that we always endeavor to play every game on the date given to us and we have ourselves had to fulfil tough fixtures over the last few weeks with several players missing.

After some dialogue, we were then advised on Saturday 12th May by the West Region that the fixture will go ahead as planned and we therefore continued with all our plans and preparations to host on the 19th.

On Tuesday 15th we received further communication from the West Region that Port Glasgow were unable to field a team on the 19th, therefore the game would be forfeited, with 3 points and a 3-0 victory being awarded to us, hence crowning us league champions.

Our team manager together with our committee immediately rejected this proposal as it does not conform to our values as a club and we feel it is not good sportsmanship to win a league title in this manner after what has been a long, exciting and highly competitive season.

After meeting to discuss possible options to fulfill the fixture and a lot of negotiating to ensure all the fundamentals for a match day could be in place we proposed a revised date of Friday 18th at 7.30pm, and despite a number of hurdles and several aspects not being ideal for us as a club, not to mention some additional costs, we feel playing the game is the only possible solution to ensure the integrity of the league is upheld.

To confirm – Our final fixture goes ahead at Huntershill on Friday 18th May with a 7.30pm kick off.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hats off to all at Rossvale.  Sportsmanship, Integrity, Principles and Beliefs all applied in a totally professional manner.....that's the sign of a well run and organised club.  TOTAL RESPECT!!

I hope that you attract a large crowd on Friday night and good luck!

This is the Port Glasgow side of the story and it is very different from what Rossvale are alleging.  

contacted rossvale committee  last Thursday asking if game could be played Monday Wednesday

was rossvale manager who insisted this would be played on Saturday. 

contacted sjfa  , explained why we could not play on Saturday as only 6 players avialable , due to wedding and communion for players to attend .

Explained rossvales response and was told by sjfa that game would be changed this was on Friday last week. and would be played Saturday 26th 

contacted sjfa on Monday and was told by sjfa game is going ahead as they had been informed our players were attending  Scottish cup game CFCvs Mfc.  I went absolute mental and also informed of clubs having a free week recently st Rochs and Benburb 

without been disrespectful too the above clubs  .  Was told meeting between sjfa  then they would make decision.

We could not fulfill the Saturday fixture  but push came to shove we would have taken 

this all the way  and  appealed rather than give up to a 3-0  win for not playing .

also  it's incredible that we have a 3G pitch and have not played in the last 2 weeks 

when this fixture could have been played , 

Port  Glasgow in the 10 years I have been here have never asked for a game to be postponed  or to have a free week ,  played with 4 Trialist no subs  . 

Accomodated most teams in reversing fixtures due to parks not been playable  through out the bad weather we have  in the season.

changing fixture time for teams to arrive midweek . 

Rossvale are lying and not not even telling half the story. But then what should we expect from such a murky club with their practice of overcharging children for boys football. 

1 hour ago, Homelessglasgow said:

This is the Port Glasgow side of the story and it is very different from what Rossvale are alleging.  

contacted rossvale committee  last Thursday asking if game could be played Monday Wednesday

was rossvale manager who insisted this would be played on Saturday. 

contacted sjfa  , explained why we could not play on Saturday as only 6 players avialable , due to wedding and communion for players to attend .

Explained rossvales response and was told by sjfa that game would be changed this was on Friday last week. and would be played Saturday 26th 

contacted sjfa on Monday and was told by sjfa game is going ahead as they had been informed our players were attending  Scottish cup game CFCvs Mfc.  I went absolute mental and also informed of clubs having a free week recently st Rochs and Benburb 

without been disrespectful too the above clubs  .  Was told meeting between sjfa  then they would make decision.

We could not fulfill the Saturday fixture  but push came to shove we would have taken 

this all the way  and  appealed rather than give up to a 3-0  win for not playing .

also  it's incredible that we have a 3G pitch and have not played in the last 2 weeks 

when this fixture could have been played , 

Port  Glasgow in the 10 years I have been here have never asked for a game to be postponed  or to have a free week ,  played with 4 Trialist no subs  . 

Accomodated most teams in reversing fixtures due to parks not been playable  through out the bad weather we have  in the season.

changing fixture time for teams to arrive midweek . 

Rossvale are lying and not not even telling half the story. But then what should we expect from such a murky club with their practice of overcharging children for boys football. 

I’m sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Lying is a strong word to use. 

22 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I’m sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Lying is a strong word to use. 

Massaging the truth then. Those of us who know what they are all about were immediately suspicious upon reading their statement yesterday.  Certainly they are not the bastions of fair play they would like people to believe. 

57 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Massaging the truth then. Those of us who know what they are all about were immediately suspicious upon reading their statement yesterday.  Certainly they are not the bastions of fair play they would like people to believe. 

You are obviously in the know more than me. I can only talk about Rossvale based on conversations with players and I will be disappointed if you are right. 

Archived