Goldenhill v shortlees.. The big one scottish cup final

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well done to both teams for reaching the final, tremendous achievement, 

hope both teams go at it and we see a 5-4 now that would be great, lol, 

i think it will be won bye the odd goal 2-1  , 1-0 . Hope it's in shortlees favour. Lol. 

Who would of  thought Both teams would meet again in a major final , i.e. The big one so soon after the west final, well done to both teams , and may the best team win.

Guest Mick Kennedy

All the best to both clubs, great achievement getting this far. Enjoy every moment 

Ive had some of the best and worse days of my life in Amatuer Scottish Cup finals. 

All the best to both teams . Great achievement reaching the final alone . Never seen shortlees play but read a lot of good things about them . Goldenhill put us out and are a great team . Every one of them give 110% and they are very organised , a hard team to break down . Should be a good one . A will go for a Goldie win so we can say we got put out off the winners :P

Fitness could play a key part of Sunday’s game as the temperature and size of Hampdens pitch comes into play . Nervous tension always plays a part and some of the shortlees players experience in this match should keep them in good stead

Could be the case Crazy Feet, was the same backline that kept them quiet in the west final, with a few year added on to them.

i personally think it will come down to whoever can use the size of the pitch to their advantage more.

Great achievement for both sides to reach the final.

35 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Could be the case Crazy Feet, was the same backline that kept them quiet in the west final, with a few year added on to them.

i personally think it will come down to whoever can use the size of the pitch to their advantage more.

Great achievement for both sides to reach the final.

Hope I am wrong but I feel the big pitch will suit Goldenhill. Hurlford Thistle dealt with Shortlees very comfortably on a big park and I think this horrendous run of games and no dougie Robertson, will hurt Shortlees big time. Although I hope I am proved wrong 

5 hours ago, centre circle 2 said:

no really mate just voicing my opinion on doug  . on the game a will go with goldenhill to win it with the odd goal ..   big open pitch at hampden should suit them 

Dougie Robertson is a s good an amateur player as there is. On his game he is a match for anyone. Shame on the Ayrshire association. Bet that’s the last time he turns out for the select 

Guest Mick Kennedy

If I’m being honest I don’t think the pitch suits anyone. It great to have the final at Hampden and the safa should be congratulated for making that happen. My honest opinion is you don’t see the best of amateurs teams or players on that size of park 

If I’m being honest I don’t think the pitch suits anyone. It great to have the final at Hampden and the safa should be congratulated for making that happen. My honest opinion is you don’t see the best of amateurs teams or players on that size of park 
Then there is Keir......[emoji1]

Dougie Robertson is a s good an amateur player as there is. On his game he is a match for anyone. Shame on the Ayrshire association. Bet that’s the last time he turns out for the select 

Surely the Ayrshire bans just come through in the timescale dictated by the safa, for this exact reason. So one association isn't seen to be gaining an advantage over another ??? Blaming a guy for following guidelines set out by Hampden Seems an easy thing to do and not really fair

Archived