Jlloyd Samuel

Former Aston Villa defender Jlloyd Samuel has died in a car crash at the age of 37.

Samuel's Range Rover was involved in a crash with a van at 7:55am in High Legh, Cheshire, after he had dropped his children off at school.

His family have been informed and are currently being supported by specially trained police officers.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association confirmed the devastating news on their official Facebook page.

RIP, terrible way to go, especially at such a young age.

I penned an article about Samuel last summer, which you can read here.i With him playing in the Prem just a decade ago, it goes to show how you how fleeting life can be.

22751338_1921848314497873_499247785_o.jpg.b4474af48677c4bcc758366333aca8e4.jpg

Dindy, that patter is too soon man. 

This is such a shame for the guy, 37 is too young.  He was one of those hard working players that every team needs and he had a good career in the Premiership

RIP

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Dindy, that patter is too soon man. 

This is such a shame for the guy, 37 is too young.  He was one of those hard working players that every team needs and he had a good career in the Premiership

RIP

If I was calling the guy all the names under the sun I would agree with you but its just a wee attempt at lifting the mood.

You are a Celtic fan though so I appreciate its bred into you to be an absolute grief-merchant.

2 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Apparently it caught on fire and he couldn't get out. Really grim way to go.

That sounds horrific. I know it’s a horrible thing to say but I hope it was quick and he didn’t suffer. :( 

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

That sounds horrific. I know it’s a horrible thing to say but I hope it was quick and he didn’t suffer. :( 

I'd guess it'd be impossible not to suffer when being burned alive no matter how quick it is. I believe in house fires it's smoke that kills most folk but this way you'd surely be a human torch for a few minutes. Horrific. It's the stuff of nightmares. 

Archived