Punditwatch 2018

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to be a common theme that all non UK pundits are pretty good (usually) and talk a lot of sense as well as offering good insights that none of the UK pundits would have. They also seem to always be perplexed on numerous occasions by the complete shite the UK pundits come out with.

It's like they see the game they're watching and the game of football in general differently. Which they almost certainly do.

33 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Like when Dean Saunders put vinegar on his chips but he doesn't like vinegar?

Don't ruin them for everybody else man, that's one of the good ones!!!

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Alex Scott was good. 

She is good, I saw her doing a few games last season. Actually appears to enjoy the game and makes some good points. Probably initially selected as the token woman but made the men on either side look like halfwits.

The BBC's radio commentary is streets ahead of the TV, especially if it's John Murray commentating. McCoist is a far better summariser than a manager, he knows when to shut up which is a skill few of them learn.

More controversially, I find Chris Waddle good value on the radio whenever England are playing (usually badly at these tournaments). If you can get past the Geordie accent, he seems to know his European football and appreciates that England are years behind in their style of play.

I’ve been switching between bbc, itv, Fox and Now tv which is a Hong Kong channel that provides English commentary which is where I’ve been watching most of the games so far as can’t stand who the bbc and itv have to do the games. Didn’t realise Kate Abdo had left sky for America until I seen her being host for Fox.

I've gotten to the stage in life where I absolutely loath football commentary, the BBC used to let you switch it off and I loved it, it was kinda just like sitting in the stadium watching it.

If someone sat near you at a game chatting away like that you'd soon get them telt.

It takes away from my enjoyment of the game, they're often wrong, they often concentrate on utterly trivial shit I'm not interested in, they often see a performance differently from me - praising players I think have been shit and vice-versa ... basically I just fucking hate it.

And all that's outwith them inflicting Glenn-Fucking-Hoddle on us.

You can switch the commentary off on the BBC.

Archived